Q about weight-loss rotations

KC5689

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,
I know that this question has been asked a hundered times but I'm stumped and would like your input. Which type of (your) rotation is better, one specifically for weight-loss or a strength/muscle building one? Or, does it not matter which type as long as your eating clean/calorie restricting? I've heard so many things. Some say more cardio, others say more wieght training to lose weight. It's all so confusing :confused:
I've done both your Jan 06 (Let's Work) and 4DS rotations and both yeilded results but in different ways. I got leaner with January's and was eating pretty clean but w/ 4DS I also saw nice definition w/ some weight- loss (about 3-5 lbs.) and my eating was not as clean.
I would like to lose 10 lbs.
Trina

I needed to add some things. I forgot to say that I'm in my third week of the 4DS Nov 07 rotatiion and adding an additional leg & cardio in place of rest days- and have not lost at all. In fact, just last Thursday (in my 2nd week) I weighed myself and I had only lost 4 oz :mad: This would have been ok if my clothes were fitting a lot loser but they have barely since I began. I had been feeling so proud of myself becuase I was eating well, using the hunger scale(stopping as soon as I'm satified), and not eating dessert, which is what brought on the extra lbs.
Seeing that I had only lost 4 oz. & my clothes were still tight sent me into a small cake binge:eek: Now, I just weighed myself and I've gained 6oz. I know oz sounds so small but I'm trying to get back under 130 lbs., which I had managed to do for a while -I had lost and was 124-127lbs. - and now I'm at 135 and all of my clothes are to tight to wear.
I don't know why it's so hard this time to lose. Before, even if I did splurge I wouldn't see it on the scale. Could it be because I'm not doing enough cardio?
I'm sorry to ramble, I'm just so frustrated!
Trina

Hey Trina,

Here is my two cents worth. I have a scale that shows the percentage of body fat and last week I gained a 1/2 lb. With that said, I lost fat, but gained muscle. Some weeks I lose 1-2 lbs and others I have a slight gain. I suspect my rotation of weights (both upper and lower) is helping to build muscle which will help me burn more fat moving forward. I guess I'm looking at it as a long term proposition. I've lost 15 lbs. since late August and the definition in my arms has elicited compliments from the hubby.

Nice side effect--I now have rediscovered some of my old blue jeans that fit like a dream.

Trina, while you're waiting for Cathe, I thought I'd chime in. :)

What works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another, which is unfortunate, as we'd all love a tried-and-true method. In other words, you'll have to experiment and see what your body responds to. More cardio, less cardio, more weights, less weights ~ you just have to play with it.

Eating and getting proper rest make a difference too. You could bust your butt every day with 4DS but never see results because you took in more calories than you burned.

I know you're right Lori but I feel like if I stick to something for a while and don't see results I will be even more frustrated. I quess what I need to do is make sure that I'm eating properly so that I could rule out the eating aspect of my results.
I just really want to be able to wear my jeans again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.