Q about rotations & weight lose

KC5689

Cathlete
Hi,
I know this questions has been asked a dozen times in some form or another but I'm still uncertain about the answer. I would like to lose the 15 lbs. that I've gained over the last year and was wondering which rotation to do. I'm currently in my 2nd week of the July 09, Butts & Guts rotation because I really need to tone my legs but I'm already slacking off because I've missed a few w/o here and there. I was thinking of doing another rotation, I think called Let's Work(Jan 06), followed by the Feb 06. Both are for weight lose and I've done them before and had good results but they're serious rotations; the Jan requires 90 min. w/o each day.
So, which is better? Or, does it really matter which one as long as I watch my diet and stay consistant?
Trina

you nailed it...

You nailed it on the head. Nutritition is THE most important component of weight loss. If your meal planning and timing is not clean and consistent, you will never achieve the results you want. I tell my clients that weight loss is 70% behavorial, 20% nutrition, and 10% exercise. You have to first make behavior changes to make diet and exercise easier, like waking up a little earlier to fit a workout in and make a healthy breakfast; or carry bottles of water and a cooler of snacks with you so you don't make poor meal choices when you are out; or reading labels at the grocery store becoming aware of what you are eating; or keeping a food journal and writing down precisely what you are eating so that you become honest with where you are doing well and where you're triggers lie. Behavior modification will be the first key to any successful weight loss program. After you've changed some behaviors, then start to focus on the kind of nutrition you are getting. Are you eating lots of high sugar items or even lots of fruit, which is still sugar even though it's natural? Are you getting enough protien? How are your portion sizes? Do you know how many calories you need? Try googling the Harris Benedict calculator to get your caloric needs. Focus on adequate protein from lean sources of whole foods, rather than processed sources, and keep your grain servings to a minimum on not so active days. And load up on veggies for fiber, and keep your fruits to maybe 2 servings per day so you don't crazy on sugar which can make you crave more and more. And try to go no more than 3 hours without eating something so you keep your metabolism charged!
As far as rotations go, make sure the workout is hard enough that you feel it as a challenge but not so hard that you risk your form in each exercise. And don't neglect bouts of high intensity cardio which is great ofr fat burning.
Hope that helps! Good luck!

So, which is better? Or, does it really matter which one as long as I watch my diet and stay consistant?
Initially, this is the key.

As you become more fit, and your body composition starts to change, you can tweak things with the workouts and nutrition. But that's after you've logged in some serious workout time and consistently watched your daily caloric intake.

So pick a rotation, stick to it, and consider keeping track of how much you eat a day. You don't have to be obsessive about it, but it's good to get an idea of how much you're taking in vs. how much you really need.

:) Fun, ain't it? :p

I agree with everything Jodelle wrote and have only one thing to add: get plenty of sleep! I'm not sure how it works or why, but I've found sleep to be an excellent weight loss aid.

Thank you ladies for all of the great advice:) All of things mentioned are all components I used to initially lose weight but I've been off track for so long that I guess I kinda forgot :eek:
Trina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.