Pyramind Upper Body planks

MarlaGaz

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

I'm thoroughly enjoying following your January rotation (my first one) -- thanks! I really love it!

After pushing myself hard through PUB I have difficulty with the abs section because my arms are so fatigued. When I'm inverted, doing pikes on the ball, my arms shake like crazy.

I'm generally pretty good with planks, and I'm getting much better with pikes on the ball. Is it possible I'm pushing myself too hard on PUB? It's kind of a bummer that I can't get through the abs section of PUB because my arms are tapped out.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Cathe!

Marla G.
(who had to go out and shovel snow directly after PUB yesterday }( )

I am not Cathe so PLEASE don't throw stones, for I am only trying to help. I read on the forum someone did the ab section FIRST and then started at the beginning. I did it and it helped a bit, but it was still tough! Keep working the arms as hard as you have been as long as it doesn't hurt, that is my advice and it's only an opinion. Hope this helps!:) ;-)

I promise not to throw stones. :D

And that sounds like a good idea. I can try that.

I really don't want to lighten up on the upper body -- that's really where I'm the weakest (obviously). After pushing my self to the limit yesterday with PUB I took a nice hot jacuzi bath and I've only got a small amount of soreness today -- just enough to know I worked hard, so I'm not over doing it I dont' think.

Someday I hope I'm strong enough to finish PUB with abs last. Just another goal! :7

Thanks,
Marla G.

I hear ya! Me too! That part is the only part of any of her workouts I cannot finish! Well, unless you count the extended break I take before switching legs in PLB, the outer thigh/stability ball work! Yikes!!!

I just love PUB!! That's a good idea to do the abs at the beginning cause my arms are so fried I can't hardly do anything else!!!

catherine

Oh, we are bonding!!! It's so good to know I've got good company out there. :D

Speaking of PLB, I'm already looking ahead to Monday on Cathe's January rotation and feeling trepidation. :eek:

You guys are great! I'm so glad for this forum!

Marla G.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.