Pyramid Upper Body

twosquared

Cathlete
Hi! Cathe -

Want to say thanks for all you do and let you know I am looking forward to the mp3 workouts!!!

I have two questions regarding Pyramid Upper Body.

My first question is regarding hand position on chest flies - the dumbells are being held with the fat part of the dumbell facing each other (duh - obviously you know this) My question is what if any difference in the exercise is there if you hold the dumbells with the fat ends parallel to each other (my hands tend to cramp once I get to the heavest weight when the fat ends face each other). Also, is it okay to change hand positions on each set.

My second question is regarding the pullovers for back and the double arm row. I am able to do a significantly higher weight for the pullovers than for the double arm rows (when I do single my weight is higher) I will use 15 as my max for the pullover (ready to go to 20) but have only been able to do 10's for the double arm rows. My question is am I better off staying at the 15 for the pullover and trying to get my weight on the double arm row's higher or is it okay to increase the pullover weight and when I can increase the double arm row weight??

Look forward to hearing from you on this.

:)

Hi Twosquared! The varied hand grip is there to recruit muscles in a slightly different manner from the traditional approach. If this does not work for you, definitely go to the other grip. They both work the chest effectively (thumb to thumb grip pulls in deltoids a bit more). And yes, not a problem to change hand positions on each set if you want.

For pullover/double arm row....use the maximum weight that challenges you the most per exercise.

Good Luck :7

I watched this workout on Fit TV today!

WOW is all I can say, and I want to add it to my ever-growing Cathe DVD Wishlist!

:)

"Life is too short - Be the best you can be every single day!" :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.