PS B/B/A and C/S/T in the Same Day??

sarahC5

Hi Cathe,

I was just wondering if I could do the PS Series B/B/A and C/S/T back to back in the same day? I am just trying to condense my schedule so that I can get in more cardio workouts and would love to just do my whole upper body workout at one time. Would this be too much?

Thanks!

Sarah

Sarah:
While I'm definitely not Cathe, I just wanted to tell you that I have done both PS BBA and CST in the same day...usually one right after the other.

Actually, what I've done is to do the PS CST Chest work, switch tapes and do the PS BBA Back work, THEN go back and do the smaller muscle groups (triceps and biceps). That way, if I'm feeling tired/burned out, I can always skip either the biceps or triceps and do them the next day. (FYI, I ALWAYS ended up with the ab work though!)

I liked it also in the fact that you were able to do upper body all in one day.

BUT, on the other hand, when I work upper body at the gym where I'm lifting much heavier weights, I will ONLY do either chest OR back. For me, when I'm lifting heavy, if I do two major muscle groups, I end up sacrificing on form on the second one, so I always just concentrate on doing just one major muscle group with a smaller muscle group (i.e. chest and triceps/back and biceps).

Wow...I didn't realize how long-winded I got here. Sorry, but I just wanted to make sure my point came out clear!!! :)

....moving this up....hoping for an answer from Cathe.....

---Debbie

Hi Sarah! As with any weight lifting program, it is always most beneficial if you can put some rest between tough workouts. But if doing these "back to back" works out better for you then you will be fine. The hardest part about doing this is keeping your focus and stamina right to the end. The body will no doubt start to fatigue.

To help balance your efforts, try rotating the order of these tapes each time you do them(ex: PS CHEST/SHOULDER/TRICEPS first and then PS BACK/BICEPS/ABS second Then the following time, its PS BACK/BICEP/ABS first and PS CHEST/SHOULDER/TRICEP second). Another suggestion to help things flow better is to save the ab work for the very end of all of your workouts.

Also, as you probably already are doing...... just do one warm up and one cool down. In other words you do not need to do the warm up for the second workout or the cooldown for the first workout. Hope this helps!

Hi Sarah. A couple of weeks ago, I did BBA and CST back to back for the first time. That way I could do all three PS videos twice in the same week. I didn't seem to have any problems doing it, although next time I'll try Cathe's suggestion of switching the order -- first CST/BBA then BBA/CST with abs at the end.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.