Protein drinks

jgoycoolea

Cathlete
The original post "what kind of protein drink" had no text attached. Since I have posted pro-protein shake messges several times, I'll open this line back up.

My favorite protein powder is "Bomber Blend". It is only available online at www.davedraper.com. It comes in vanilla and chocolate. I think it is the best tasting and mixing that I have ever had. It is resonably priced. Far more resonable than GNC prices.

My favorite is to mix vanilla with orange juice. It tastes like an orange creamsicle! Remember those? The vanilla also tastes ok with water and a little cinnamon.

jeanne

Ohhhhh.... That sounds good!! I also like Met-Rx extreme chocolate and Optimum Nutrition's Pina Colda 100%whey. I mix that one with frozen pineapple and a touch of coconut extract to bring out the flavors. Also a frozen banana works quite well with it. I'm going to check out that dave draper website!! Thanks!

Aimee

I also make a "creamsicle" (actually, ours were called "dreamsicles") shake. I've used spirutein and other soy protein mixes, but now I'm getting into a soy protein concentrate (not isolate) from Mother Soy, as I keep reading that whole soy foods are better than those made from isolates. It's tasteless, though, so to get the vanilla boost, I mix it with vanilla soy milk.

Designer protein! I like strawberry the best. It mixes well and does not have a lot of carbohydrates. This way you can add skim milk and it wont overload you on carbs.

1 scoop strawberry protein powder
1/2 c watermelon crystal lite
4frozen strawberries
1/2 banana (optional)
1/2 c lactaid skim milk

I love this shake...it isnt too sweet at all.

Hi,
I am not familiar with protein drinks and exactly how they work.
I do work out regularly and lift weight also, mostly with Cathe's weight tapes. I am interested in trying to build little more mucsle defintion especially in my shoulders. They seem to be my week spot. I have read from alot of the forum members that they are eating a little more protein especially before working out to help with building muscle. I work out very early in the morning and eating at 3:30 am doenst't work for me. If anyone can respond and tell me how protein drinks works and maybe a little advice on how to build my shoulders more would be much appreciated. Thanks for everyones time. This is a great place to get information and what works for other people.
Thanks, Deb

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.