Premixes

ruthie33

Cathlete
Please bear with me if this sounds "odd" however I am relatively new!!

I have Low Impact Step + Total Body Sculpting. I scroll through the menu last night and find "Premixes". 3 in total. Cardio and Weights Circuit, Solid Scultping, Lower Body Cardio Blast. So I start looking to see what they are all about. 2 of them I click on simply start the Low Impact Step all over again and one starts the Total Body Sculpting. Am I missing something??? I did watch some of the Scultping one and it keeps jumping back, repeating exercises.

So, what exactly are premixes and about how long should they be? Is my DVD messed up? I don't understand!!! Please help. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of more DVD's which I'm sure will have premixes and want to be prepared.

My Take on Premixes

Not Cathe, but here's my input.

Premixes are segments taken from the workout and compiled into shorter or longer workouts depending on what your preference is. I love the premix option and use it more than the actual workouts. For instance Cathe has premixes on her PUB that are broken down into PUB Up/Down. So I have the option to do a PUB premix and only do the up or down portion from the workout. PUB kicks my butt and I don't like trying to do it in its entirety. Basically premixes give you more options to the workout rather than trying to do the workout stright thru or having to skip parts you don't care for or if you prefer a longer workout. I normally don't but some do.

Hope this helps. I'm sure they'll be many other inputs provided to help you understand.

Hi Ruthie -
I think I know what you mean; sometimes when I want to watch a premix and I try and forward through the chapters, it just keeps repeating one chapter over and over as if it is stuck. When you do the premix all the way through it doesnt do that. For some reason it only does it whe I fast forward through the chapters.

Interesting Nicole, that is what I was doing!!! I really just wanted to see what they involved and how long they were!!! I'll have to just do them I guess!! LOL

I printed out a list with every DVD that has Premixes, and what the premix is and how long it is (there is a link somewhere on this forum...it's called the Cathe Compendium by Lunacat)I put it in a notebook and consult it all the time since premixes are not on the DVD cover.

I never used them the first year or so, but lately I use the premixes more than the original workout. My current fav is LIC cardio step (48 minutes). I can't do impact any longer and am ordering KickMax mainly for the low impact premixes.

I would LOVE to have that list. What a great resource! If anyone finds it, please post it. I'm sure others would love to have that guide.

I too, would love to have that list. It sure would be helpful if it was printed on the DVD case!! Hint Hint!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.