pregnant

dcustard

Hi everyone and Cathe!
I am a new fan. (I would be an old one if only I knew earlier!) I cannot believe I’ve only recently stumbled upon Cathe’s amazing workouts! I did my first Cathe video last week “Muscle Max” and not only is the workout amazing but Cathe’s physique is a true inspiration, and her creativity is something that I feel is unmatched. I have been a fanatic of exercise since I was 13 and started lifting weights at 17. I have fallen off and got back on my peak condition many times and want to make this my last. I am currently pregnant with my second child and am due on Valentine’s day!!!!
I was wondering 2 things from Cathe who has been there as a mother and a workout enthusiast, How soon can I lift weights and work abs after giving birth, assuming all goes well and uncomplicated (no drugs or interventions and a natural birth with my daughter…I am planning the same with this one) . My first child they told me 6 weeks, but the doctor’s also tried to tell me not to work out throughout my pregnancy because “my center of gravity had changed”, I didn’t listen to that advice and continued to workout intelligently (calling it a day if I got dizzy….stopping if anything felt off etc.). That was 12 years ago (I am 34). Also I was under the impression everyone’s ab muscle’s separated during pregnancy…now I see you can check for separation and is not necessarily true all women‘s abdominal's separate….could this new info be true?
The last question, what system built your very flattering physique? I have older videos of you where you are in shape, but not built, muscular wise, as you are in “Muscle Max” and “Butts and Guts”? I know ultimately it is dedication, hard work and perseverance, but wondering if it was a certain system of yours in particular that gave you these amazing results? I plan on handing my body over to you in April (should be healed by then) and doing your Mesocycle series and shock cardio series in conjunction as you have recommended (my husband’s gift to me for being a trooper through the pregnancy!)
Thank you for your time, and hope to hear back…not just for myself but for all the other Prego’s out there with the same goals;)
Thanks,
Denise;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.