Pregnancy Workout

jlglunt

Hi, I'm trying to find a good Cathe workout that I can continue to do throughout my pregnancy (I'm currently 3 months). I want it to be tough, but at the same time I'd like it to be something I can easily modify if there are a lot of high impact moves. What would you recommend?

Thank you,

Jamie

Additional ...

Would xtrain or crossfire be a good fit? What's the low impact series like? Is it a good workout?

Crossfire is impact. Xtrain is mixed, and some of the cardio is also impact. The low impact series rocks and is low impact. I would go with either that or Xtrain depending on what types of activities you like. There are YouTube clips of all of them, so I would check them out to see what it looks like you prefer/will be able to do.

There are a lot of great cathe workouts you can do during pregnancy. I personally did not have to do much modification until the third trimester with my first pregnancy and the later part of the second trimester with my second pregnancy. The low impact series is really great, and gives you a terrific workout (especially when you are carrying an extra 20+ pounds at the end). I was able to do cardio supersets, athletic training, low impact challenge, turbo barre, low max and low impact circuit with minimal modifications right up to the end. Afterburn was more difficult since all of the plank work was harder with the extra body weight. I ended up doing turbo barre 12 hours before my delivery, and it was the first workout I turned to 6 days after the delivery. My hips and butt were much smaller and my recovery was much faster with my second pregnancy due to the low impact series!

Martha

Hi Martha,

I'm 20 weeks along and right now for cardio I'm doing Low Max, Low Impact Circuit ( cardio only premix), Low Impact Challenge, Athletic Training and in Afterburn I'm able to do the express premix where you only do the rounds one time...
For strength, I'm doing High Reps ( Upper Body ) and for Lower Body, Leaner Legs, Legs and Glutes and Lower Body Blast.

My only concern is my heart rate, as we are not supposed to get it above 160; sometimes it does get above 160 but I just walk in place and wait for it to lower.

Marta

Thank you!

Thanks so much everyone! I think I'll try out the low impact series, but I'm a little worried about the expense of the additional equipment. Is it all necessary?

Ordering separately...

After looking at the low impact series, I think I'm going to order them separately. Which ones should I definitely get?

AB and AT are my favorites. I did those when pregnant. CSS is also a good one and easier in my opinion than the other 2.

Enjoy your pregnancy! My lil man is now almost 4 months old. Time flies!

Congrat's on your pregnancy to all those on this thread :). I would suggest Afterburn and Cardio Supersets if you are looking for less equipment. If you don't mind having the step as a piece of equipment then I think Too The Max is also good.

Good Luck and train safely mommy to be :)

Kickboxing

I always loved Cathe's kickboxing workouts when I was pregnant. Kickboxing is so easy to modify--obviously you kick or punch as hard or as high as you feel able.

Kick Max has a great low impact premix that I liked a lot.

I also liked her step workouts. I put the step right to the floor and didn't jump. This got my heart rate up and moving without jumping around. Low Max was/is one of my favorites.

Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.