Power Hour (or, the Chihuahua workout)

kathryn

Cathlete
I Love IT! I Love It! I Love It!
My triceps are sore in places I don't remember them being sore before (way high up near my underarm)! Every other muscle feels well worked, as well. I first thought that the weights I had chosen for some exercises were a bit "wimpy", but after you said you--great goddess of weight training--were using 15 pounds for biceps, I decided to stick with 12 pounds, and got a great workout!
I'm putting this one in my rotation 3 days/week for a while to see what happens.
(Guilty confession---having a DVD player allowed me to completely skip the lunge section---oh shame! Well, seeing that I had done Rythmic Step that morning, and was going to do a tough kickboxing workout the next day, I felt justified in skipping that section, just this once! Next time I do it, I'm sure I'll appreciate the fact that you split the squats and the lunges!).

Great to hear this. Hopefully you are equally as excited about this workout after the lunges are included (evil laugh inserted here, :))

This lunge segment is the best

I think the lunges in this video are the best I've ever done. Mainly, because they are all static lunges and I can really isolate, concentrate and feel the muscles I'm working.

Hi Cathe,
This is the first time I've "messaged" in awhile, I just got my new set of tapes a couple of weeks ago, and have been doing them over this past week, well, yesterday I did Power Hour. Oh my Lord!!!!!!!!! How you manage to do the squat section with 40 lbs. is well beyond my imagination! I did the entire tape, and what a fabulous workout! Every muscle group was worked to failure. You know, I am so surprised when I do your tapes, that even though I weight train hard 3 times a week, and teach 4 classes a week plus do cardio a couple of extra times a week, they absolutely kick my butt! You're a real blessing to the fitness world! By the way, congratulations on your pregnancy, I wish you the best!
Fondly,
Patti

RE: Not to scare you or anything, Kathryn

I did the routine WITH the lunges yesterday--yeow! My legs were sore like they haven't been for a long time. I even said a nasty word [:-o during the final set of 7 low-end reps! Yikes!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.