PH vs. S&H

lmmonk

Dear Cathe,

I currently do your MIS tape twice per week and have seen great results. I am now looking for some variety in my workout.

If my goals are gain muscle definition and to get leaner ( I am also really working on my diet to lose 10 lbs) should I be using the Power Hour or Slow and Heavy Series? How often per week?

If your answer is the S&H series, should I only be doing each tape once per week?

Any comments on the recent thoughts that cardio is not really necessary to lose fat?

Thanks again and good luck on your pregnancy.
Lisa

Hi Lisa! There is no way to know what exact formula will take you to your goals but I always say to start with a series one time per week and then after a few weeks see if you will need to be doing it two times per week. The slow and heavy series would probably be difficult to do two times each per week because of the total concentration required. As for additionally using Power Hour, that is an endurance workout more so than a strength workout. You can use this workout as a cross training effect to your muscles as long as you do not feel that is depleating your energy needed for your slow heavy workouts. Since slow and heavy is quite a jump up from MIS, perhaps you would rather use the Pure Strength Series next. Then move on to slow and heavy. Just a suggestion!

As for cardio not being necessary for losing fat, I do not feel that you can separate the components of physical fitness. I think that weight training, cardio, diet, etc, all play a valuable role in health and fat loss and should be used in conjunction with one another.

Dear Cathe,

Thanks for your quick response. However, I am not sure what an "endurance workout" is. Can you be a little more specific as to what that means?

Also, I can only purchase either Power Hour or the Slow & Heavey series. There is no way I could do both in one week. I had always thought that you had to work each muscle group at least twice per week, so is the Slow & Heavy series only meant for once per week?

Thanks again. Lisa.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.