Other strength tape with SH rotation?

kellib

Cathlete
Cathe--
I usually try to weightlift with every body part twice a week. I work out 6 days per week and when doing a SH 3 week rotation, that leaves 3 days left for cardio, yoga or pilates, and strength training. What do you recommend for a 2nd round of strength training in the week of SH? Or, do you only recommend doing the set of 3 tapes (it takes me one day per tape) once per week with no other strength training?
thanks!!
Kelli

Hi Kelli! First you need to establish if your body needs to do more weight training or if the results from the slow heavy are enough. If you feel that you still need more, then do MIS one time that same week. But, if adding on that one more workout makes your muscles feel lethargic and weak, stop adding it in. Good Luck!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-07-01 AT 04:07PM (Est)[/font][p]Okay, see I must be thinking too literally? I too wondered the same question as you, and was thinking that adding a day of MIS would round out the week by having trained each body part 2x/week, but I can't figure out where to stick the MIS?
Everybody says put a day between each workout because even the smaller muscle groups are effected with each of the S&H workouts, so if I'm putting a day off between each S&H, where do I put in the MIS? Somewhere, a body part is going to get worked back/back?
But this makes me think I'm thinking too literally about the day off in between?
Could someone show me a possible weeks rotation for S&H + MIS?
thanks, Donna

Just a thought - regarding to adding MIS to S&H rotation, I read a post in one of Cathe's forum (I forgot who) that her rotation lasts over 1 week, i.e. in your case, your complete rotation is 8 days -- therefore, you have a rest day in between your workouts. With my current schedule, it's not possible for me to do that since I exercise when my kids are in school. My rotation have to be 7 days cycle. However, I have used more than 7-day rotation when I missed a workout, seems like there is always something came up...

Haslina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.