nutrition advice

JenniferP

Cathe,
Hi! I'm looking for advice on what I should be eating to really tone up and lose fat. I've started adding more protein to my diet and eating between 20-30 grams of fat per day. What I really need is some good advice regarding protein and daily calorie requirements for me. I'm barely 5ft. and weigh about 97 lbs. I want to look fit, but don't really need to lose weight (just a little extra fat here and there). How many calories do you suggest I consume per day, and what ratios of carbs, protein, and fat? Oh, I do work out five days per week alternating cardio videos(2x's per week) with aerobic weight training videos (3x's per week). Thanks in advance.

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer! Nutritional needs can vary greatly from person to person based on their genetics, health history, sex, age, activity level, etc. It is actually an area that can get very complex and beyond my basic scope of knowledge. For this reason I have chosen to keep my focus on fitness topics:). But what I do recommend to you is to look up a registered dietician and/or qualified nutritionist in your local yellow pages and talk to one of them about your concerns. They can work with you and set up a personalized food plan that incorporates all of your specific needs. Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.