nutrition

mommyj

Hi Cathe,

Can you offer some advice on where to start regarding nutrition "knowledge". Specifically, I'm an avid exerciser and have been a trainer for 20 years. That being said I've always tended to concentrate on reps and sets and paid little attention to nutrition. What I'm noticing now that I'm 40, however, is that I can put on the muscle but if I take a week off of training, I start to lose it again (this aging thing is a bummer!). You're doing a great job at maintaining your muscle mass and I was hoping you could share what you've learned. With so many magazines out there with advice, I'm not sure where to start. Thanks,

Michelle

I'm not Cathe, but I just read the "Eat Clean Diet Book" by Tosca Reno because I had heard Cathe talking about eating clean and wanted to get more information. It seems to be a pretty good resource.

Thank you. Your idea lead me to the Oxygen Magazine which I had never read before and now I'm hooked. There is plenty of nutrition advice as well as recipes and ideas and I believe I'm getting an idea what I need more of - protein!

Another great resource is Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle ebook. Here's the link: www.burnthefat.com Also, if you do a search in these forums for "BFFM" or "burn the fat" you'll get a lot of info that way. Tom Venuto offers a great, no-nonsense approach to fitness but especially nutrition.

Hope that helps,
Terri

Read Eat Clean and Burn the Fat. Both are excellent. Burn the Fat has a pretty cool website that I joined for a hile - have to pay a monthly fee and can quit anytime - but there are 1,000's of articles and interviews and just boat-loads of info there... all of this helped me change my habits and ingrain the new ones... Now I'm loving the Nutrition Manager here - easy to track and takes my awareness to a new level.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.