New to working out with Cathe

Kathy36

Cathlete
Hi Cathe: I am new to your workouts and just love them. I love your teaching style. I am enjoying your workouts along with the FIRM workouts I currently do 5-6 days a week. I want to ask a question about the barbell weight. I do not have a barbell. But, I do have alot of dumbbells. Currently, I use 15s for heavy, 12s for medium and 10s for light. I will sometimes pyramid this down if it's too heavy. In videos that you use the barbell, what size dumbbells do you suggest I use instead of the barbell?

Also, I am really enjoying Rhythmic Step. Once I got the steps down it was tough but enjoyable! Thanks.. Is there a Rhythmic Step part 2?

Not Cathe and she is probably buisy getting ready for filming, so i will hop in here.
Here is your answer though.
The bar weight (usually 5 lbs.) then any added weight.
If cathe uses 25 you could try 2- 12's.If it is 40 2-20's would be comparable.
Any 2 dumbells you feel comfortable with for the exercise.
Trial and error. I myself go as heavy as i can and drop down if i need to.
Good luck and enjoy.....
No there is not yet a rhythmic step 2 , but maybe someday.Many more to choose from. Have you tried low max? Imax 2 or Imax 3 ?
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Hi Anne: Thanks for answering my question. I kinda thought I should probably do what you said. I need to get a pair of 20s. I think that some exercises I could go heavier than my 15s. (like lat rows)

I have tried lomax and imax2 when it was aired on FITv. I am considering buying the whole workout though. I just bought Cardio hits and Rhythmic step with Interval max and MIC. I haven't tried these last two yet or any of the Cardio Hits. They just arrived. I am working on purchasing some additional workouts though. As soon as I can afford it.

I think Step Blast is somewhat similar to Rhythmic Step and the dvd also has Step, Jump & Pump which is a lot of fun.

I actually prefer dumbells to barbell because with a barbell it's easier to cheat with the stronger side.

Thanks. That DVD was next on my list along with IMAX2/Cardio & weights DVD. I did those on fitv and now want the full version. I prefer the dumbbells too. I feel I get a better range of motion and also as you said favoring the stronger side to do the work.

Again, thanks for responding. I am enjoying all the kind responses on this thread and others.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.