New Tape Questions

kila

Hi, Cathe I was intrested in ordering your 8 new exercise videos but I had a question for you. I have bad knees are these videos mostly high impact or can they be modified? Right now I own your PS series. And recently just bought your wedding tape and mis. I just try to modify some of your movements. and maybe the tempo. Depends on my knees. Anyways I do do other workouts like kickboxing videos extc. I was just wondering if your new tapes would be worth me purchasing or is there just to much high impact in these videos that I would just have to modify the whole workout and it would not be worth it because I would not be getting as much of an effective workout? Please let me know what you think. Thank you very much.

Hi Kila!

While it is still too soon for me to answer this question, I can only say that I generally favor high impact movement. Most of the time it can be modified but I guess you need to decide if that is something you care to do during the workout. Hope this helps! Take care of your knees and Kudo's to you for continuing to listen to your body.

will you include any modifications?

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Apr-27-00 AT 09:52AM (EST)</font></center>

Just wondered if a background person will be included who can show a lower impact version? I would think a lot of people would be interested. This would solve alot of problems for a lot of people!I know Hope made a lot of us feel so much better in Interval Max when she used modifications. I think she is my hero! I always feel like a "loser" when I have to modify anything - ESPECIALLY when I feel like the only one modifying. If someone was showing them, I think I would feel better!
happy.gif

Cathe, Jul said it perfectly

I would be very interested in having someone show low-impact modifications. I kind of get lost if I am trying to think up modifications while following you. (I can do most things, but there are some moves that make my knees and/or lower back sore.) It is great to have someone to follow along with; otherwise, I feel like I am 'cheating', and I tend to overdo stuff I know I shouldn't do. Also, I wanted to thank you for having Pat show the 'carpal tunnel' type modification for the tricep dips on PS-CST. I would have had to fast-forward through that part even though I do the rest of the tape with no problems. Also, I have seen a number of people (myself included) looking for substitutions for lunges because they tend to bother knees. Can Pat help us with that one on the Express#6 tape?
happy.gif

Thanks for coming up with great new workouts for us even when you are so busy with your new baby and home!
happy.gif

Modifications

Several parts of Cathe's tapes show modifications for some of the higher power moves in her step tapes. For example, she shows modifications for the power lunge in the beginning of Step Works. Another example is the modification you can do for power scissors in Step Fit.

Lorrayne

I would love to have someone demonstrate low-impact versions as well!

I would hate to think that I would have to give up on Cathe's tapes! I love the fun choreography and the intensity. However, I could go a notch down and do some moves in a low-impact fashion and still have an excellent workout! AND, I would save my knees, which have been giving me real trouble over the past 5 months. I am terrible at making up replacement moves myself, though, so I, too, would love to have someone demonstrate the alternatives.

Marianne

modifications/accomodations

Yes please show some low impact alternatives. I used to do the high impact stuff in my mid thirties but had to start modifying down a few years later. I would LOVE to see this in the new videos.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.