Need rotation suggestions

Victoria

Dear Cathe;

I love your tapes! What a challenge! You are quite a woman...

I have been enjoying your new 6-pack set, but have just read they are more for maintenance. I have a hectic schedule and little time to spend working out. What do you suggest for a rotation that will help me burn fat AND build lean muscle mass in a short amount of time (60 minutes)?

Thank you!
victoria

Hi Victoria! Everybody responds to exercise differently. What is maintenance for one could be a high intensity workout for another. You really have no way of knowing how your body will ultimately respond to these workouts until you actually do them for a few weeks.

Generally speaking, the Cross Training Express workouts would be considered more of a maintenance workout if your current routine has you doing much higher levels of intensity for longer periods of time. For instance, if you do 60 minutes of high intensity cardio workouts five days a week plus weight train 6 times per week(at one body per a day)for 30 minutes a session, then you can do these cross training tapes for about 6 to 8 weeks and maintain a good amount of your fitness/strength gains. After that you would again need to engage in some higher intensity, longer duration cardio workouts plus include some heavier and more intense weight training sessions.

Also, (generally speaking), if these CTX workouts already closely match the intensity of your current routine, then they will provide a nice rotation option while continuously striving to meet your goals.

And finally, (again, generally speaking)if these tapes actually present more of a workout than what you are used too, then they will most likely need to be modified to some degree and worked up to slowly.

You say that you have been enjoying the 6 pack set. Have you noticed any changes yet? Its hard to make recommendations without knowing what they are currently doing for you and what you would like to see more of. Based on the time frame that you have to work out, these tapes sound perfect for the goals that you mentioned. They will burn fat and build lean muscle. If for some reason you would like even more lean muscle, then add on two additional sets per exercise of the same exercises for that featured body part. Do those additional sets slower, heavier, and at only about 8 to 10 reps per set. Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.