need help designing a tape rotation

B

bebop

Dear Cathe:

I have your maximum intenstity strength and am ordering your PS series and am anxious to start them.

How do you recommend I rotate the series because I am use to exercising the entire body in one day or upper one,lower the next. Also, I ordered your Circuit tape and would like to know how you would incorporate that also. Should I do cardio and stretch work on rest days? Thank you for any advise. Your new fan!

Hi Bebop! When introducing your body to new weight lifting rotations, it is best to do only that one rotation so that you can get acclimated to it and you can see just how well your body responds to it. Therefore I would recommend doing MIS(max.int. strength video)for about 8 to 12 weeks straight at two non-consecutive times per week. On the days in between, yes you can insert cardio and stretch work outs. You can even do the circuit tape one time per week on this rotation (in place of one of your cardio workouts) since this circuit tape focuses heavily on cardio and a bit less on weights.

After this rotation cycle, you can switch over to Pure Stength and do each tape one time per week. Again for 8 to 12 weeks and inserting cardio and stretch workouts in between. If you do these PS workouts on consecutive days, put the leg workout in between the two upper body workouts.

After your body has become more familiar with these rotations, you can do shorter cycle periods or even mix and match them to suit your specific needs (optional).

Good Luck!

Thanks so much - the first time I have actually received advise about rotations that make sense!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.