My band broke this morning during Drill Max

CathyP

Cathlete
This morning whilst doing the scapular retraction work for the back during drill No 2 my band just clean broke in half. Luckily it didn't hit me in the face or anywhere else. I think I was moving my arms outwards and the time and it went away from my body.

I had to knot it together before tying it around my ankes to do the firewalkers, which was extremely uncomfortable. Couldn't miss out on those!!!

I have had the band since I got it with the hardcore series (I believe) and have always put it away after use.

Now I am going to have to find another one..... And I have Butts and Guts to do in two days time - more firewalkers.

Cathy

I bought 3 bands - one for regular use, one knotted for firewalkers, and one extra, still in the package, because I just know eventually, one is going to snap.:)

Good idea on the pre-knotted one! I've been meaning to get around to doing this too! Also it would be nice to have an extra handy for when my sister is over and does my workouts with me. We usually take turns and have to go back/"rewind". It would be nice to not have to do that.

One thing that was recommended was to rub powder on it when you're done using it. I try to remember but I don't always.

Like Joanna mentioned - fitness wholesale has them and they are pretty inexpensive and they have fast shipping. I went ahead a got a few extra bands and will keep one tied for the firewalkers and still have the regular one.

Collage Video sells them and ships for free. Also, I got different kinds at Play it Again Sports. I don't know if they have one near you, but they sell them by the foot and carry different levels of resistance. I believe Dick's Sporting Goods also sells them. HTH:)

Advanced workouts (http://www.advancedworkouts.com) often has a special including a resistance band free with certain Cathe DVDs so I have an extra from that.

***Lainie***

10_10011359828.gif

OMG, I guess I read this too fast and I thought you said your HAND broke ! Yikes! Glad to see it was just your band, and that you weren't hurt when it snapped.

Hmmm...maybe I need new contact lenses...

I got my band from collage, and it arrived pretty quickly.

>One thing that was recommended was to rub powder on it when
>you're done using it. I try to remember but I don't always.
>
From what I understand, if you buy non-latex ones, you don't have to worry about this.

www.fwonline.com is a good source for bands (latex and non-latex, pre-cut or in rolls you can cut yourself).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.