Music for Low Impact Series

I've never been disappointed in the music Cathe selects. I know the newest series will live up to the expectation. I must say, I do miss the "louder music option" though...

I actually liked it much better in the "old" days when there were "real" songs on the workouts, like in Step Blast, etc. It helps me a little bit to stop thinking about how much my muscles are shaking and hurting when I'm thinking along to the words. LOL I realize it's probably not possible because of copyright costs. Just had that thought when I saw this post and wanted to share. :)

I've never been disappointed in the music Cathe selects. I know the newest series will live up to the expectation. I must say, I do miss the "louder music option" though...

When I put in a good sound system, I really loved that option!

Voice to Music ratio

I know I'm probably in the minority, but on some recent workouts like Step Moves and Athletic Step, even on the regular (not music louder) option, the music was so loud I could barely hear the cuing all. It really hindered my ability the do the workout the first few times. Some of us workout when other family members are still sleeping, and can't turn the volume up too high. Also, I don't like loud music to begin with. I'm really hoping the voice to music ratio will to back to what it was in her earlier workouts, where you can actually hear the cuing. Especially when there's a music louder option available for those who prefer it, I would like to be able to hear the voice.

I actually liked it much better in the "old" days when there were "real" songs on the workouts, like in Step Blast, etc. It helps me a little bit to stop thinking about how much my muscles are shaking and hurting when I'm thinking along to the words. LOL I realize it's probably not possible because of copyright costs. Just had that thought when I saw this post and wanted to share.

ITA. I know I'm probably in the minority here but I have to admit that I'm not a fan of the "soundalikes" from the last set of workouts. If I can't have the "real" songs, I'd much rather hear some pumpin' original music.

I can understand what everyone is saying. I think many people like the louder option because they know the routine at that point that its ok.

I must admit that I really like the music from her earlier DVD's Step Jump and Pump, I don't know those songs really helped me get through the routines through learning the steps and simply enjoying the workout to a point that it doesn't "feel" like I'm working out. Also those songs are very memorable for me even when not working out.

IT's a tough decision when you can't download freely anymore and have to pay for everything, I'm sure the music will be awesome.

I actually liked it much better in the "old" days when there were "real" songs on the workouts, like in Step Blast, etc. It helps me a little bit to stop thinking about how much my muscles are shaking and hurting when I'm thinking along to the words. LOL I realize it's probably not possible because of copyright costs. Just had that thought when I saw this post and wanted to share. :)

I totally agree!!! :)

ITA. I know I'm probably in the minority here but I have to admit that I'm not a fan of the "soundalikes" from the last set of workouts. If I can't have the "real" songs, I'd much rather hear some pumpin' original music.

Another vote, Real Songs Rock!

:)

Totally Agree. I reach for step blast a lot because the music rocks!

Music is really subjective (of course) so I was really curious about what Step Jump's music was and saw it was actual songs. I wouldn't order the new workouts if they featured music like that. I pretty much dislike listening to lyrics if they dominate. To me (and this is my opinion) it would make this new set of dvds dated and boring. Its one of the reasons I can't do Push/Pull and Super Sets either. But that's me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.