muscle toning DVD with little equipment

fietsenpath

Hello,

I recently discovered this website and was very impressed about both the quality of the workouts as well as the advanced levels they offer.
So far, I only own one of Cathe's DVDs, i.e. CoreMax, but will probably stock up my collection with time whenever my student budget allows it.
My question to Cathe as well as you forum members would be a DVD recommendation for muscle toning with little equipment since I own a set of interchangeable dumbbells only and don't want to invest in other weight articles yet.
Also, considering my limited experience with weight lifting (one summer class of weight-lifting in college), I would like to start out with an exercise program primarily using lighter weights, yet allowing for dumbbell weight increase as strength increases.
Muscle Endurance seems a good choice, but I am not necessarily interested in the Boot Camp workout that comes with it on DVD. (Unfortunalety, I can only buy DVDs since I neither own a TV nor a VCR).
Thus, I would appreciate your input regarding this matter.

Sincerely,

Elisabeth

Hi, Elisabeth! Although right now you aren't necessarily interested in the Boot Camp workout that comes along with Muscle Endurance, IMHO that DVD would indeed be a good choice for you. Keep in mind that not only are there two complete workouts that you can do strictly as originally filmed, BUT there are also several premixes from the footage that reshuffle the drills, allowing for some serious customizing of each workout for you. Boot Camp has upper body only, lower body only, upper+lower body only, "everything but core", and other premixes you might be interested in; the DVD also has a Boot Camp / Muscle Endurance fusion premix that you might be interested in as well.

If not BC / ME, consider Muscle Max from Cathe's newest Hard Core Series. This is a total-body resistance training workout (includes core as well) and I'm sure you could modify the barbell exercises to use dumbbells instead.

HTH -

A-Jock

Hello Annette,

thank you for your recommendations. After careful consideration, I have decided to put both MM and ME on my Christmas wish list and let my parents decide on the next purchase :).
Sincerely,

Elisabeth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.