Muscle loss and regrowth question.

Vickie

Dear Cathe:
I'm not sure if you you'll know the answer to this, but I thought I'd give it a shot. I am currently using the Intensity series, with the Body Blaster rotation. I am trying to get lean and cut. I have had two children, I'm 37, and I'm not overweight. I do have a lot of fat though. I was severely Anorexic for 7 years, reaching 56Lbs at my lowest point. Needless to say, I had complete muscle loss and atrophy. When I regained the weight (several times actually), it was probably put back on as fat, not muscle. I have been recovered for about 16 years and have been working out for 12 years and lifting weights for about 7. I'm sorry this is so long, I just felt I should give you some history. ANYWAY, my question is this, Is it likely that I will ever acheive great muscle definition? I have 2 friends, one is a physical therapist, and one is a nuerological nurse, they both say no. They seem to believe that I no longer have the muscle fibers necessary to acheive great definition or a "cut" appearance. They seem to think once you've lost it you will never get to the point that you once "naturally" were. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks for any input, sorry again it was so long. (By the way, I have 2 boys too. Mine are 4 and 20 months. I know you must be enjoying yours so much).

Vickie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.