Muffin top

lvs2wrkot

Hi Cathe,
I'll be 53 this April and I'm really having a hard time with the extra inches around my stomach. I workout everyday. I tried to do at least 30-45 min of cardio and lift 1-2 body parts a day. I eat a pretty clean diet and cheat only on the weekends and only for dinner. Any suggestions?

I, too, would like a reply. I'm 45 with the same problem.
I've been making a concentrated effort and have been VERY faithful with tracking both my calories and exercise. I've eaten perfectly clean for a month while on the X-Train 90-day rotation. I was averaging 1300 calories/day but had to increase that to 1600/day because I was showing signs of being in starvation mode. I even added in 3 extra HiiT workouts one week. I'm seeing very little progress and absolutely NO weight loss. I'm fine with no weight loss, but I'd really like to get inches off that 'ol muffin top!

One thing that helps me is to wear jeans that come to the waist -- not low on the hips. Also, make sure the waist is not too tight. That really emphasizes it. Otherwise, I'm afraid it's diet and exercise. . .

I'm finding as I get closer to 50 I am experiencing weight gain in the middle too and much of it has to do with hormone fluctuation and how the body processes carbs as it ages. I find that if my diet isn't full of inflammation reducing foods and antioxidant foods I'm so much more bloated. SO I am sure to eat the right foods, drink extra water and get more sleep. I'm not saying that's the answer for everyone but I'm sharing what has helped me. As a side note, be sure to have your thyroid checked for proper function too. Many women in their mid 40's and higher begin to see their thyroid misfire at this age. It doesn't happen to everyone but it is more common then people realize.

Hi Cathe,
I'll be 53 this April and I'm really having a hard time with the extra inches around my stomach. I workout everyday. I tried to do at least 30-45 min of cardio and lift 1-2 body parts a day. I eat a pretty clean diet and cheat only on the weekends and only for dinner. Any suggestions?

I'm finding as I get closer to 50 I am experiencing weight gain in the middle too and much of it has to do with hormone fluctuation and how the body processes carbs as it ages. I find that if my diet isn't full of inflammation reducing foods and antioxidant foods I'm so much more bloated. SO I am sure to eat the right foods, drink extra water and get more sleep. I'm not saying that's the answer for everyone but I'm sharing what has helped me. As a side note, be sure to have your thyroid checked for proper function too. Many women in their mid 40's and higher begin to see their thyroid misfire at this age. It doesn't happen to everyone but it is more common then people realize.

Thanks for answering, Cathe!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.