Mini Step vs Stool?

NinjaMom

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

I was wondering if the Step Company has given you any idea on the cost of the mini step. I have checked into purchasing extra risers for my Step Company aerobic step but to reach 14", it would cost at least $75.00 x( . Since the new DVD's will be shipped soon and the mini step is not available yet, can the moves in the new series that use the mini step be done safely on a sturdy step stool? How much stepping surface is needed on top? Also, do you know if the risers on the mini step are the same size as the risers on the aerobic step so that we could interchange them?

Thank you so much for everything you do. I am 41 and in better shape than I was when I was in my 20's & 30's because of your awesome workouts. Bless you!!

JJ
From the frigid depths of Minnesota:7

I will be first in line to buy the mini step when it is available. Meanwhile, I will have my Rubbermaid toolbox/stool and plastic milk carton available. For my sit and stands I have my "low" chair. I replaced my step a few years ago so I have 8 risers. I think it is safe to assume that the risers will be the same size as those on the standard step. I hope there will be an option to buy just the top without adding more risers.

Rhonda :)

I just found out that you have to leave a space when adding smilies to messages or it does not work. I want :jumpy) back.

Thanks for the info. I called the step company about risers and they wanted $25.00 a pair so Spri Products is a better deal. I think I'll try the workouts with a sturdy step stool until the mini step is available. I'm hoping Cathe will have some more info for us.

JJ

Hi JJ:

I have a 12-inch high wooden stool that I put a 2-inch-wide book on to bring it to 14 inches. Works a dream! A rubbermaid stool would probably work just as well.

You might want to reinforce the book by winding duct tape (10,001 uses!) around it so the spine won't shift.

Patricia
From the frigid street of Toronto

41 and sronger than ever, you go JJ:).

The mini step was discussed on the business trip but nothing was finalized yet so I currently don't have any information for you. But I definitely suggested that I thought it would be a good idea to sell it three ways: a)as a complete unit b) the topper only c) risers only. I do feel the moves in the video can also be done on a sturdy step stool. You only need enough surface to place your entire foot firmly on top of the step. Tricep dips could be done on the edge of a coffee table. Yes, the risers are the same risers that you use for your regular sized step. Have a great workout!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.