Is MIC an aerobic video?

gln

While I am fairly new to Cathe Friedrich, I have recently purchased PowerHour, PS series and also S & H - I have to say that she is the best when it comes to strength videos, however, I am not familiar with her cardio type workouts so please bare with me. I am looking for new cardio videos to add to my cardio efforts. I am currently running on the treadmill, using my elliptical and also in terms of videos, love the Powerstrike tapes, however, I am looking for additional videos to use during the week and would like to try Cathe for this also.

MIC looks like something that I may be interested in, however, when searching for info on this video, someone stated that this is not for cardio but more to be used as an aid in building endurance - is this correct? because it does not make sense to me. My goal is to lose weight and since I have hit a plateau I am incorporating new videos to kickstart my body. I am looking for a good fat-burning cardio type and thought that MIC would be it, if it is not, any additional recommendations on other Cathe cardio videos. Thanks for any help on this matter.

Hi...yes, MIC is ALL cardio. It's divided into two sections, the first being about 30 minutes of hi-lo (mostly high intensity) floor aerobics with choreography that is athletic in style and fairly easy to learn. The second section is about 30 minutes of step aerobics with choreography that is moderate to learn. If you arent an experienced stepper, Cathe's step tapes may appear daunting at first both in terms of choreography and intensity, but dont let that discourage you. It's just good to be aware of that before you buy. But, that being said, a great tape to boost your cardio is Cathe's Interval Max. The intensity is awesome and easy to modify. In addition the choreography is basic and actually includes many individual moves she uses in some of her step tapes so it's also a sort of intro to her stepping style. Another good one is Cardio Kicks. MIC is also great...I think I've only been able to do the whole tape once so far. So, if you're choreographically (is that a word??) challenged you may want to wait on MIC and purchase either Interval Max or Cardio Kicks instead. (Cardio Kicks takes up a fair amount of room so if you have a small workout space this is something to consider). Ok, enough of my babbling!! :)

Good Luck!

Stacy

Stacy,

Thanks for taking the time to respond and giving me the suggestion of Interval Max - I will look into this and also for confirming what I thought that MIC is a cardio video - like I posted prior I became somewhat confused doing a search on MIC and someone saying that it was meant for endurance only.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-01 AT 02:59PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi Gln! Yes, MIC is ALL cardio. I think the person who wrote that it was good for muscular endurance probably meant to type "MIS". I have a two series tape, one called Maximum Intensity Cardio (MIC), and the other Maximum Intensity Strength (MIS).

I love both MIC and IntervalMax, I don't think I could choose between them. If you want to break a plateau or significantly increse your level of c.v. fitness in a short amount of time, using these videos together in a rotation will more than do the job - and they are such good fun.
The anaerobic sections in Imax are easy to modify but you may not get through MIC the first time through, depending on your current fitness level (but it can be broken down into 2 sections - hiLow and step) and they are both fun fun fun to work at.
The first time you get through one or both of them, without any modifications you will feel so great. BTW, because they are both so intense you shouldn't do them on consecutive days, but I think Cathe stipulates this in the intro to both workouts.
Whichever you choose, I'm sure you'll have a great time :)

To Cathe Friedrich and Mrskitmac:

Thanks to both of you also for being kind enough to answer my question - I truly appreciate your help along with Stacy's. Now I have two excellent suggestions to help aid me in my efforts: MIC and InterMax. Thanks again to all three of you and have a pleasant weekend.

Thanks...you have a great weekend, too! I'd love to hear which video(s) you choose and how you like them once you try them out.

:) Stacy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.