Medicine Ball and Stability Ball???

IGTamayo

Cathlete
Can anyone tell me the difference and are these necessary in order to do Cathe's Intensity Series. I already have dumbells ranging from 1 to 15 pounds, a workout bench, and The Firm Step and I don't really want to spend additional money for this equipment. Any suggestions??

Cheers,

Iris

The difference between a medicine ball & stability ball is great!!!!

A stability ball is very large & lightweight, you sit on it to gain greater stability throughout your core region. You can use it for a vast variety of exercises.

The medicine ball (why do they call it that? I don't know) is a rubberized ball filled with sand. They vary in weight from just a few pounds to quite a few pounds. Cathe uses them for added resistance in crunches, lower ab work & a few other exercises.

You DO NOT need to make an investment in more equipment for Cathe's new series. She has someone doing modified exercises at all times when she is using these pieces of equipment.

Hope that helps!

Dear Deborah,

Thank you! So, you're a Goddess now - this is great. Hopefully soon I can call myself a Goddess too!

Thanks ever so much!!!
:D

Iris

Hey .
I do'nt really care for the ab thing because my core is weak and so I prefer to work on it easily (and I have line in my abs although they weak )

but for the leg part I do care .
if I will use modificaitions are'nt the floor work will be much easier ?

Hi Shani,

I've just done Pyramid Lower Body for the first time in about 2 months. I have the stability ball & used it for the floor leg work as Cathe did in the tape. I think had I not used the ball the intensity of the work would still be there but not as much.

I think if you can afford to invest in a ball, you should make that investment. You can use the ball to really build your core strength, too. There are "less intense" ways of using the ball to do just that. In fact, I have some back issues & went through physical therapy for 12 weeks last year. Some of the best stuff I did was using the ball. That's really why I made the investment in my ball & am so glad I did.

Hope that helps.

>The medicine ball (why do they call it that? I don't know) is
>a rubberized ball filled with sand.

I think it may be called a medecine ball because it was first used in rehab?

Though originally med balls were filled with sand, the best ones (those that don't shift when you move them around) are usually solid core (not sand filled). There are also some that are gel filled or water filled.

Dear All,

Ok, I'm somewhat convinced that I should get this additional equipment for my workouts. I just ordered the Intensity Series and Slow and Heavy and truly want to enhance my workouts. I'm assuming the stability and medicine balls are weight specific - how much weight do you suggest or is it based on your height and weight. I saw this equipment on other websites and some of them indicate that you must enter your height and weight in order to determine which ball to use. Now i'm confused...:-( Any suggestions will be very helpful.

Thanks to all of your responses.

Iris

Hi Iris,

Cathe wrote this in another thread:

"The general recommended size to height for stability ball selection is as follows:

55 cm. ball 21 inches 4' 11" - 5' 4" tall
65 cm. ball 25 inches 5' 5" to 5' 11" tall"

Danielle

:D

thank you Fitnessgodes .
I'm not living in America so the only place I can buy a ball (stability ball - I'm not interesting in medicine ball)
is from collage video . but collage only sale 63cm balls
and I'm 5'3 so I need 55cm . do you think 63cm ball will be ok or I will just waist my money ?

thank you Fitnessgodes
is 63cm ball will be ok if I'm 5'3 tall ?
I do'nt live in America so I can only order ball from collage and they only have 63cm balls .

Hi , I do'nt have credit card and I feel a little bit worrid to order from this site since they do'nt have a forum like collage but I will sent them an email and see how they will answer me ...
what's scared me is they say that if someone returened them an item they will sell it as new . and I still did'nt understand if you can return defective items - I will ask them on the email .
anyway - thank's . there ball price is cheaper than collage I wonder how about those shipping rates .

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.