Lower back and upper tush fat (aka pones)

tyky

Hi, I am new to this forum. From time to time I have lurked but this is my first time posting. Please excuse me if this qestion was asked in the past... I wanted to know which tape(s)would be the most effective in eliminaing lower back and upper tush fat? I am mildly asthmatic so I can't to any really intense cardio. Please advise. Thanks.

I would like to figure this out also, I just started having this problem (I am 43). The girls at work that are around the same age
are having this also. I cant do any high impact and the bike just
doesnt seem to get that area.

Quarter Dead Lifts

I'm not sure if Cathe has another suggestion or not, but
I feel it in this area when doing Quarter Dead Lifts.

Here's the link to the exercise form pointer...It says it builds endurance and strength in the hamstrings and the lower back. When doing these, I really feel it in my lower back and upper glutes!

http://www.cathe.com/quarter_deadlifts.htm

Danielle :D

RE: Quarter Dead Lifts

Thank you, I do dead lifts alot, I think I may have to increase my cardio. How much cardio to most people do?

I make sure I do at least 4 days of cardio a week. I like the CTX cardios A LOT. There's so much packed into just 30 minutes and you can easily add them to a strength/endurance workout. The 30 minutes are very intense and I've seen great results from this.

Danielle :7

Try lower intensity cardio for a longer time. Low intensity for longer periods gives you the same benefit as higher intensity for a shorter time. It is okay to "work out" for 2 hours if you are walking, just do it at the highest intensity you can that's out of the asthma zone.

Cardio and low calories (high quality ones) are the combination that will cause loss of body fat, which is what you are describing. Weight work like dead lifts will shape what's underneath.

I don't advise trying to shoot for the 5 hour workout!, just add as much activity to your life as you can, and limit your calorie intake. Your asthma will get less bothersome if you do this (if you are like most people) and keep sipping water. This is what I have gathered from reading what other asthmatic people have written. Your mileage may vary!

Also, continue weight work as intense as you can, short of triggering an asthma episode. Increased overall fitness often does help quell the symptoms of asthma, from what I have read.

-C.

RE: Working out with Asthma

I'm asthmatic, and here is how I deal with getting in my exercise. Of course, your body can react differently, so the most important thing is to listen to how you are feeling. :)

I'm on a few asthma medications, and I make sure to take 2 puffs of the albuterol inhaler before any type of workout. That makes a huge difference for me. Also, I am careful of my workout environment. I've found that I *can* go running (just not very fast), but I stay off of heavily traveled roads. I live at the beach so almost all my running is on the boardwalk. The salt sea air is good for me, and there's no car pollution to cause trouble. I can't run outside if the temps fall below 40 degrees and are dry. That combo seems to spell trouble, so I'll slow it down to a walk or find something else to do when the weather isn't optimal for me. If I've been exposed to cigarette smoke (a big problem for me) the previous day, I have to lower the intensity of my workouts. Someone else mentioned lower intensity workouts for longer time periods.. I've found going for long walks to be great. It's a matter of balance, I guess. Somedays, my breathing is good and I can do more high intensity, and others I need to slow it down. It's important to recognize those days, and not feel like you're wimping out, just to do what you can.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.