Ligament sprain/tear- devastated! Help!

pjlippert

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

I had hurt my ankle about three weeks ago. Both my son and I had the H1N1 and my brain thought I was ready to workout- my body disagreed and I slipped off my Step- really hard! I've sprained my ankles many times before but not this bad. I saw my doc again this week and he's scheduled an MRI for me to find out how extensive the damage is. I'll most likely need physical therapy.

Once I get the okay from the PT and Medical people, what workouts do you recommend. I'm guessing that the Step will be out of the question for a while.

I'm praying it's not too horrible. I am able to put weight on it and sooo miss my workouts with you! But even the stairs in my home are tough right now. I made such aamazing strides when I started working out with you- down some lbs but more importantly dropped 1 -almost 2 pant sizes. I don't want to lose ground but am old enough to know not to keep injuring this boo-boo!

Help and Thanks!
Pam

not cathe but i am a physical therapist. first i want to say i'm sorry your injured and had to go through H1N1. before one can recommend any type of exercise, we need to wait and see what the MRI report shows. Please keep us posted:) Right now just rest, elevate, and ice it down.

The waiting game

Hi Karie,

Thank you soo much. You're right about the waiting. My body tells me loud and clear if I'm overdoing it- gonna listen to it more than ever!! Have a great weekend!

Pam

I'm not Cathe but I had to share my story.

I had, what I thought was a bad sprain a few years ago. When I had the MRI, it showed I had broken my ankle and foot in several different places. I was out of commission for a good 5 months. When I had permission from the doctor and PT, I tried to do some upper body work but that was hard because I had a cast to contend with. Best thing to do is like what kariev said, rest, elevate, and ice it. Now my situation was bad.....yours may not be.

The MRI will definitely tell you the whole story. I pray everything goes well for you. Please keep us informed....

((((HUGS))))

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.