Leaner Legs -endurance question

YasB

Hey Cathe,

I did Leaner Legs yesterday (1st time in awhile) and I was unable to complete the low range reps in the last set of squats and lunges. My question is :Should I lower my weight to a range where I can complete all the reps or should I do as many reps as I can with a higher weight then switch to a lower weight to squeeze out the last few reps? (I used the same weight (20#) that I use for MIS).

Thanks for pushing me past my comfort zone,

YasDB

I have always wanted to know the answer to this question too. The only difference with me is that, when I use the heavier weight that brings me to exhaustion before the end of the set, I usually just stop instead of going to a lower weight. I've always wondered whether I would be better off doing everything with lighter weights.
Freda

I have wondered the same thing. In power hour and leaner legs do I choose a lighter weight or just stop earlier than every one else, (which really bothers me.)

Me too

I've also wondered this as well. I've thought that I should use the heavier weight and go to exhaustion in order to grow but I'm not sure if that's correct. Looking forward to the answer on this.

Thanks for asking Freda!

http://www.fitmomsonline.com/allisig1.gif
Mommy to Zachary, Jillian and Baby due February 24, 2002​

RE: Me too

Just bumping up since I'll be doing Leaner Legs on Wed. and would like to know if I need to modify. Thanks in advance,
YasDB

Hi YasDB! Both ways are acceptable however, for this workout I would suggest going as heavy as you can with great form for as long as you can, and then lowering your weight for any remaining sets in which your form is slipping. If we were talking about Power Hour, I would suggest the opposite. Good Luck!

Hi Maureen! Leaner Legs offers small rests between the sets for each exercise, therefore allowing for brief recovery to refuel and then put that weight up again. Because the rests are shorter, you may find yourself having to use lighter weight than a tape that allows a longer recovery.

As for Power Hour, there are no breaks offered during the song (if one is it is about 10 seconds or less to switch equipment). The objective here is to find a weight that you can use for the entire duration of the song with good form and technique in order to completely exhaust your muscles in a manner that will increase your overall muscular endurance. My arms witnessed the benefits of this type of training this weekend when I was walking three blocks to the beach with my little guy in one arm and the heavy cooler in the other. He didn't have his shoes on and the pavement was too hot to let him walk. Boy was I ever glad to see that beach arrive :-wow :-tired :-jumpy!

Cathe,
Thank you so much for your reply and for the advice on Power Hour (which is my reward tape for finishing this rotation):).
YasDB

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.