"Leaking" weighted vest

mkeane65

Hi!
I have the 12-20 pound adjustable vest and I love it. However, it is starting to leak and I don't know what to do. Some of the stitches where the weights attach the the vest are becoming holes, if that makes any sense. I only use it at 20 pounds so the fabric has not been disturbed by frequent weight changes.
Has anyone else had this problem and is there a remedy? I realize that nothing lasts forever but I've only had this vest for about a year.
Thanks!

I have the same problem. Everytime I use it I notice more of the stuff coming out is on my floors. I can feel it, so I decided I should only use it to do leg exercises as opposed to using it for cardio. It still comes out, just nor as bad. Unfortunately those pockets where the sandbags go in pull. I don't even think I have had it for a year....bummer!

Happened to me too!!

I had only used mine a few monthes and this started happening! What I did was sew the little holes up, this has helped so far, but the material is really not the best to haveto sew, you have to be very careful, but has stopped leaking for now!

Thanks for the replies. Since I purchased mine from Amazon, I figured I'd see what they thought. They were so nice! And they are shipping me a replacement. So if either of you can go that route, it would be worth pursuing. Guess I willl just have to use the new one for non-cardio activities. Thanks again.....have a great day!

I've had the same problem with my Altus brand 12-20lb wt vest. I've had it less than 3 months and I have never removed any of the weights from it, and I have been noticing tiny little flecks of metal all over the floor for the past 3 weeks. (especially bad since I work out on a wood floor so these flecks of metal grinding under my feet damage the floor!) I can't find where it is leaking from. Frustrating. I doubt that Academy will exchange it, but I may try. (but it sounds like I may continue to have the same problem with a replacement)

This worries me. I just received mine from Cathe.com. I haven't even used it yet. I don't want the same thing to happen. I plan on only using it for leg workouts though. Sounds like you guys used it for cardio too? Now I'm worried to use it. Lame. I was all excited about my weighted vest for Meso Cycle 3.

I did use mine for some cardio moves and think that too much motion just weakened the areas where the leaks happened. Since there's already a hole from being stitched, it just seemed to enlarge the hole.
That being said, you still love this vest and find that it really amps up my workouts! I would still buy it but use it more carefully now that I know about this potential problem. Hope you get a lot of use out of yours!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.