knee question, pain, popping

A

Andrea

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-01 AT 09:00AM (Est)[/font][p]This question is for anyone to put the .02 in!

When doing step or squats, lunges, etc. my knees make a popping or crackling noise. Even when I am very warm. I searched past threads, but didn't find an answer for my specific question. Is this popping sound bad? It is not accompanied by pain. For some reason I only end up with knee pain after a step workout every once in a while. When doing LL for example, my knees feel stable and strong, but snap, crackle, pop till the middle of the workout, when I am not only warm but HOT!

Andrea

Hi Andrea,
Mine do the same thing. I am only 31 and when ever I do any kind of bending with my knees they sound like rice krispies. I saw a physical theripist for awhile, because of knee pain I had when I ran and he told me that as long as I didn't have pain with the crackeling it should be o.k. Amy Jo

That sounds just like what I'm experiencing. Thanks! I'm 26, but my knees have done it since I was in high school. Wonder why it took me so long to question it :-hmmm

Andrea

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.