Inner thigh pull?

JudySP

Cathlete
Hi Cathe!

I hope you're feeling well. BTW, there are some great pictures of you on VF if you get a chance to stop by. Click on your picture on VF's front page.

I've been trying to do lots of cross training and also find some lower impact activities. I recently purchased a Reebok slide and really like it although I am very much a novice. I've only done it a few times but have probably been pushing myself a little too much. Before last night, towards the end of my slide workout I felt some discomfort in my right thigh. I believe it's the inner thigh muscle (I can never remember if that's the abductor or adductor) but it's actually half way between my quad and the actual inner portion of my thigh. Anyway, I foolishly kept going and it bothered me the next day, but my inner thighs were so sore in general from the workout (one of the reasons I like it), I didn't pay it to much attention.

Last night, after a short hiatus from exercising due to Thanksgiving and a nasty stomach virus, I finally got to workout. I did a warmup, some kickboxing and then stared to do a little slide. After only a few slides back and forth, I felt that discomfort (OK pain) when I was pushing off that leg (and then it's the one that drags or follows the lead leg). I stopped, took Ibuprofen, stretched it and iced it a little later in the evening.

Are there any particular stretches/remedies/therapies you could recommend for me to try? I stretched last night by sitting with the soles of my feet together and used an ice pack (not the dixie cups). I'm staying off the slide for a few days (or a week depending on how it feels) and I will certainly ask my doctor if it persists past a couple of weeks.

Thanks,
Judy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.