impact question

rachael

Hi Cathe

sorry to bother you..

I've used your workouts for a couple of years. love them, but my joints are increasingly becoming inflamed. step doesn't bother me, it's really most of the plyo/jumping floor moves like those in the IMAX'es, MIC, hi-lo, etc. I feel guilty modifying but I'm tired of feeling pain. Can I sub with the type of intensity moves from Low Max, LIC, etc? and maybe bump up the step to 8" to compensate?

rachael

Last edited:
Rachael-
Clearly not Cathe but I'm curious where you work out and what shoes you're in. I know I feel very stiff and achey when my shoes need replacing. I also work out on puzzle mats on top of my wood floors at home.
If you do a search in the DVD forum we just had someone ask for what low impact modifications people make. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Hi Amy

Thanks for the link, will read into that later. I work out in my bedroom and have tried a few layers of mats but still no difference. the floors are concrete and I can't do much about that. My knees were injured several years ago and did not heal the same as before. Some moves are okay... small lifts or very low plyo squats/lunges/plies. anything raising me in the air, leaping from the floor or even running outside, leaves me aching. I'm just too afraid of risking it anymore.

rachael

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.