IMAX2

Hi Cathe, what great intensity videos! Your creativity and energy never ceases to amaze me.
2 questions:1. I did the IMAX2 on a 10 inch step and had a great deal of difficulty performing blast #6 because I am only 5'2" and my step is 10". Any suggestions?
2. Have you ever calculated the # of calories any of your videos burn based on various body weights?
Thanks and you look great and a great motivator!!

Hi Rangerstein! I'm glad you are enjoying the workouts. The step routines are all designed to be done safely on either a 6 or 8 inch platform. Have you always stepped at this height? I'm asking because 10 inches is actually not a recommended height in the fitness industry due to the increase of injury risk to the hip and knee joints. I would suggest lowering your step height and giving your utmost output on an 8 inch step height. Or perhaps at least consider lowering your step to 8 inches for the second half of Imax 2. Good Luck!

I used an 8 inch step for years and was looking to increae intensity so purchased a new step that allowed 10 inches. I was not aware of the lower recommendation. Thanks. Also, what is the height of your ministep in the lower body pyramid? You are a true inspiration!!

Hi Again! The height of my mini step in this workout varies from 14 inches to 16 inches(the mini step is 4 inches plus 5 or 6 risers underneath). This height puts my leg at a 90 degree angle (14 inches) and just slightly greater (16 inches). Going WAY TOO high can put an awful lot of stress on the knee joint so consider aiming to stay at around a 90 degree angle(unless of course you are an athlete who trains under more extreme conditions on a regular basis). While the greater angle will target the glute muscle a bit deeper, I vary my step height as to not over tax the knee joint. The key thing is to listen to your body at all times and, by all means, go lower with your step height if you prefer to :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.