I'm being rude, please excuse me Cathe!

Fitlaurie

Just yesterday, my husband was looking at the cover of one of your DVD's and he commented on how incredibly muscular you are. I told him that you're not only muscular but you have a terrific figure, even after having a baby.

Soooo, this is my rude question? Actually, two questions: Would you mind sharing how much weight you gained with your first pregnancy? How long did it take to lose the weight? I've got your new DVD's and I just can't believe you've had a baby - there's no trace of fat on you!

I've never had a baby, and I've never looked as good as you do!!! I'm just in awe of your figure.

Laurie

If we are going to be "rude" or personal, what I want to know is how many grams of protein you consume per day when not pregnant or nursing. That is, I'd like an actual gram number, not "a moderate amount" or "30% of my total calories". I, too, simply admire your figure and the amount of muscle you have, not too much, not too little. Jeanne

Hi Laurie! You and your husband are too kind :-shy! I gained 28 pounds with my first pregnancy but delivered 3 1/2 weeks early, so I probably would have come in around 30 something pounds. It took me about two months to lose the weight but four months before I felt that I was completely back to normal. Again, thanks for your kind words!

Hi Jeanne! I have to be honest and tell you that I don't have an actual number (now or even when not pregnant). Over the years I have come to understand what my body needs to perform and function optimally. I simply go by my gut feeling, no calculating food amounts and no weighing myself. I know some people need to be this regimented in order to help them keep their focus to reach goals and/or maintain. That is perfectly fine and acceptable but it just does not work for me :).

Cathe, 28 pounds is wonderful. You've obviously really learned to "hear" your body, loud and clear. One thing that impresses me about you is that you are sooooo balanced in your life - that's something I really try to achieve, but I'm not there yet.

If I listened to my body and let it tell me what to eat, I'd be a sumo wrestler by now!!! :)

Congratulations on your sucesses with your pregancies. By the way, I was born 4 weeks early, and I think premmies make the best babies around! Good luck and thanks for answering my rude question.

Laura

Hi Cathe,

Let me add that I also think you look great. I need to lose 20 pounds. I tend to gain weight in my lower abs, waist, my upper arms, and around my ribs. When you say you go by your gut feeling, is there any way I can apply a similar feeling when deciding what to eat and what not to eat. Because for one thing, I get hungry late and night. I eat dinner at about 7:30 p.m. or sometimes earlier, and I've been trying not to eat after dinner.

Are there any klutz proof pointers you can give me for losing weight by just going with my gut (along with regular exercise)? Because as I see it, calculating portion size, calories and grams of protein, etc just seems like another way of obsessing over food. Im 37 now, but when I was in my 20's, I never had to worry about my weight.

Thanks for listening.

Lisa

I never weigh myself, or my food, either! I lost 15 pounds last year. I didn't go on any diets or read any diet books. I just increased my activity, both cardio and weights. I stepped up both a notch actually, thanks to Cathe's tapes!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.