I need help with the music in the hardcore dvd

stayfit

Cathlete
I have a question for Cathe or SNM. I have seen this thread in the video fitness reader forum

Hardcore Batch Numbers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As promised I'm starting a thread to see if we can determine if the technical problems with the Hardcore DVDs is batch related. This thread is not to discuss the problems. There are plenty of other active threads for that. It's just to post the batch numbers on your dvds and the nature of your problem(s) or the fact that you do not have a problem.

The batch number is located on the underside of your DVD in a circle toward the center. In the circle you will see the name of the disc in question and something that seems to be a batch number. We know that the DVDs went to two different duplicators so I have lumped them together accordingly. (I don't know which was which though) As we don't know which code is most relivant I wrote down whatever I saw.

SET #1 had two codes on it. The first one listed after each title you should be able to see. The second code, after the semi colon, is another story all together. The print is so small you need a magnifying glass. I used my naked eye and I now have a headache.

SET#2 also had two codes both of which were readable. In addition there was either an F1 or an F2 after the title so I included that as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
SET #1
Gym Style Chest and Triceps - STEPN0015/B S1; IFPILM06
Gym Style Legs - STEPN0016/B S1; IFPILM06
Muscle Max - STEPN0012/B S1; IFPILM06
Hardcore Extreme - STEPN0017/B S1 (did not see the tiny code)
IMAX3 - STEPN0014/B S1; IFPILM06
Low Max - STEPN0013/B S1; IFPILM06

SET #2
Stretch Max F1 DVD - 0010-0678 LMW/CA#3
Kick Max F1 DVD - 0010 -0677 LMW/CA#1
Core Max F2 DVD - 0010-0681 LMW/CA#3
Gym Style Back, Shoulders & Biceps F1 DVD - 0010-0679 LMW/CA#3
High Step Challenge F2 DVD - 0010-0680 LMW/CA#3

My DVDs have no problems at all. The sound is fine and the picture looks great.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Ayisha : 02-17-2005 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Had to fix my grammar

Ayisha
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Ayisha
Send email to Ayisha
Find all posts by Ayisha
Add Ayisha to Your Buddy List

#2 02-17-2005, 03:22 PM
SharonH
VF Supporter Join Date: Nov 2001

My batch number is the same as yours for Kick Max and I'm experiencing a lot of fluctuations in sound. I've played this DVD on both my older Panasonic DVD player and my new Sony Vaio computer.

I have the same numbers in all my dvds and I don't like the music. Understand me , the workouts are wordenful but I don't like the volume of the music. The volume in the body blast or the intensity series was so much better.In the intensity series we did not have a music louder version and the music was better than now. I have tried the dvds in a shop of dvd , TV and stereos. Using a home cinema system the music is not better. ¿What can I do ? I have use stereo, speakers etc. Please, help me.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie.

stayfit,

Per my understanding from VF posting, we are not allowed to cut and paste posts. You can post a link but you may not use someone else's post. You might want to check with Wendy.

jordan

I did not know that because I am not a VF menber. I have posted this because I am worried. The numbers of my dvd are the same as those and I have problems.I do want to bother nobody. I am only beging help.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie.

stayfit,

I understand your concern. I feel bad that you are having problems and hope that you get help. Maybe if you write to customer service they will get back to you with help.

Sorry for your stress,
jordan

It's generally not good Netiquette to cut and paste posts from another forum without the author's permission.

Why?. If you are posting in public forums where everybody can read what you have written I need the author's permission to copy the message ?. Where is the law of ownership when you are posting in open forums ? If I see one of my post in another forum it will don't bother to me at all.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :) :)

>Why?. If you are posting in public forums where everybody can
>read what you have written I need the author's permission to
>copy the message ?. Where is the law of ownership when you are
>posting in open forums ? If I see one of my post in another
>forum it will don't bother to me at all.
>
>
>Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :) :)

Mariangeles, copying text without attribution is plagiarism, which is theft or unauthorized use of another's words. In this case, & in another of your recent posts, you have posted someone else's message without their permission.

I don't know about legality, but it's both good manners & proper cyber etiquette to use a link rather than copying someone's post from another website.

There's a thread on this forum where SNM provides guidance on correcting Hardcore music problems. If that doesn't work, it seems that Cathe & SNM want you to contact customer service via e-mail.

Debra

Stayfit,

I found that taking SNMs advice and setting my DVD player's audio output to PCM helped. Then on my own, I found a setting on my TV for "Surround Sound" and it made a huge difference. My DVD player is hooked up directly to the TV (not through a VCR) and I don't have my audio through a stereo system (amplifier), although my TV has stereo.

I think posting a link is just a safer route to go than cutting and pasting another forum's post. No one wants to have what they said taken out of context.

Diane

Also, you might keep in mind that all the "batch number" stuff, could be completely unrelated to any problem that any individual is having and to post it here could cause unneccessary headache for other members as well as SNM.

Thank you very much for answering. I undestand what you want to say. I thought I was doing nothing wrong.Have a great weekend.

>Also, you might keep in mind that all the "batch number"
>stuff, could be completely unrelated to any problem that any
>individual is having and to post it here could cause
>unneccessary headache for other members as well as SNM.

All the "batch number" stuff could also be COMPLETELY RELATED to problems people are having, no one knows what the problem is yet. I find it offesive that you would tell one of Cathe's most enthusiastic supporters (stayfit) and a regular on this forum not to post any problems that she is having with DVDs that she paid money for to keep others with no problems, or the company she gave her money to, from getting a headache.

Thank you very much SNM. I was worried. I want you to know I love the workouts. All are awesome and deserve every dollar I have paid. I have only problems with the sound but I have bought new sound speakers and the volume is better than before. Anyway I love the music louder version of the body blast series and I will love see it in the next workouts.I know, I know I am thinking in the next workouts when I have just received the hardcore but I want a Lox max 2, Bootcamp 2, RS 2 etc.

I wasn't suggesting she shouldn't try to solve her issues. We own a DVD business and in our experience, it would be unusual for there to be multiple batches for an initial order from a company. It's usually just one batch per title. Just thinking that looking for a solution in the wrong place would not be helpful. No offense intended- sorry! Oh, and Mariangeles, I hope that you are soon able to solve the problem and fully enjoy your workout with great sound. All the best to you! :)

Oops, sorry to reiterate- I saw that SNM just clarified that while I was typing my reply.

>Why?. If you are posting in public forums where everybody can
>read what you have written I need the author's permission to
>copy the message ?. Where is the law of ownership when you are
>posting in open forums ? If I see one of my post in another
>forum it will don't bother to me at all.
>

good morning stayfit! i understand where you would think it's ok to post something from a forum... believe me.. there are a LOT of people that don't understand copywrite! off-topic.. but you wouldn't believe the number of people that will steal... yes steal graphics from peoples sites to use on their sites cuz they think "it's on the internet.. it must be free!" (i used to think that way too!) over time, as you are on the internet more and people let you know when you make little boo boos.. you'll be an old hand before you know it and helping those new to the internet so that they learn the "rules"!

enjoy your workouts!!!!! and have a WONDERFUL weekend!!!!!!

p.s. i didn't see anyone tell her not to post about the sound issue... they were telling her not to cut and paste posts!

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

Hi Stayfit:)

Hi Stayfit!! Well I just learn something new today:). I guess we all learn from our mistakes. Just wanted to let you know that I hope you solve your problem. I did notice on the Hardcore the sound is lower then the other Cathe videos but it really doesn't bother me that much. Hopefully yes Im thinking of new Cathe already too that the next series will have a loud volume option:). Have a great weekend.

RE: Hi Stayfit:)

Hi Barbara. Thank you.I will wait the time that SNM will need to have again the music louder version. I have heard a few songs of B & H ( you give love a bad name, tainted love, relax etc)in the dynamix site and the music is so different.Have a great weekend too. I hope you will be enjoying the workouts and the outfits you bought.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.