How to Train for a "run"

elle_206

Hey Cathe & Everyone,
Sorry if the subject sounds misleading but i dont want to train for a marathon but a...mile run. I know, i know a piddily little mile but im still in highschool ( junior) and i just began cathe's step. I did powermax and i loved it. my sister says after i master tha i can move on up to bigger and better cathe vidoes. im also planning on doing ps again. (fell off the wagon...) Anyways! I was wondering if ther is anything i could do to start running (which im awfull at) that would help prepare me to do well in this mile (its in about a month) I would love to get an 8 minute mile! Thanks for anyones suggestions!
gabrielle

Runners World's 30 day program!!

Elle, I recently read about their 30 day program on Video Fitness's forum. Daphne also brings it up on a recent discussion on this forum (just scroll down a little bit to another discussion on running. There are some good points for beginners in the discussion below.

Anyhow go to www.Runnersworld.com & go to their training section. They have a terrific program for beginners that essentially involves alternating brisk walking & running. No guarantees that you'll do an 8 minute mile - that depends on your current fitness level & discipline.

Have fun Elle!
Debra

I agree with Debra and...

I don't think a mile is piddly. My first race was a mile and I was high as a kite when I finished it. But it was not 8 minutes that's for sure! I don't know if I'll ever get that fast. In fact I felt more accomplished doing that mile, than when I finished my first 5K. Go for it!!!
Andrea

thanks debra and andrea!

hey guys,
thanks so much for the responses! i just went to runners world and printed up a schedule for beginer runners. im gonna go tommorow morning. i think i might do powermax tonight too. Wish Me Luck!
gabrielle
p.s. i cant wait to see leaner leggs! ahhhhh!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.