How to schedule my workouts...

J

Joanna

I have been doing a lot of your videos since early summer. The good news...combined with a healthy diet, I've lost fifteen pounds!

My question: I am 45 years old, mother of five, have worked out my whole life, but have limited time. What schedule do you suggest with the maximum of 75 minutes a day to work out. The videos I have: Step Heat, Power Max, Step Fit, Max Intensity Cardio, Interval Max, Step Works, and the three strength videos.

Thanks for your input.

workout plan

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-99 AT 05:08PM (EST)</font></center>

Hi Joanna! I always believe in crosstraining. Therefore, I would do other cardio activities along with these step tapes to keep your muscles free from overuse training. With that in mind, I will write up a three week fitness rotation. Where I write "other cardio", simply insert something cardiovascular other than step(kickboxing, cycling, running, brisk walking, hiking, etc.)

WEEK ONE
Mon...Powermax

Tues..other cardio for 30 minutes plus Pure Strength Back, Bi's and Abs

Wed...other cardio for 60 minutes with a cool down, abs, and stretch

Thurs...Pure Strength Chest, Shoulders, Tri's

Fri...Interval max plus abs after.

Sat...Pure Strength Legs and Abs

Sun...DAY OFF

WEEK TWO

Mon...Step Fit plus abs

Tues..PS/LEGS and ABS

Wed...Other cardio for 60 minutes plus cool down and abs

Thurs... 30 minutes other cardio plus PS C/S/T

Fri....Max.Int.Cardio

Sat...PS B/B/Abs

Sun....DAY OFF

WEEK THREE

Mon....Step Works plus abs

Tues...Intervalmax

WED.....PS/Legs and Abs

Thurs...DAY OFF

FRI...30 minutes other cardio plus PS B/B/abs

Sat....Step Heat

SUN.....30 minutes other cardio plus PS C/S/T

Have Fun!

Thanks for the help...

I realize that cross training is good...even if I resist because it seems so complicated (most of the time, my workout is at 5am...ugh). Anyway, I will try your plan and let you know how it works. I have just started using the PS tapes and know that I will like putting some rest in there for my sore muscles. Does it every feel good to do strength training?!?

Keep up the great work...did I tell you that your tapes are the best I've seen and you are a great instructor? I used to teach aerobics in the early eighties and really appreciate how you call all the moves early and precisely. I've told all my friends what the "secret" to my new shape is...even if they think diet and exercise is not as much fun as some of those fad diet programs :)...Happy Holidays

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.