How much weight for mis

reba

How much weight did most of you use in mis?Is cathes moves quick in mis? I ordered the mis and can"t wait to try it. I like cathes style.I use to lift weights 20 yrs ago and i got pretty bulky.I just want to firm up now , i like having a little muscle. I use to get teased alot for lifting weights but like i use to tell these people jam dont shake jelly do. ha' ha'

Reba, I use thirty or thirty-five pounds for the leg work. Cathe uses thirty- five, I think, through out. I vary quite a bit for upper. Thirty to thirty-five for back, twenty-five for biceps, 20 to 25 for shoulders and ten for triceps do to a bum elbow. The dumbbell weights also vary. I try to use what Cathe uses. It's a fantastic workout. You are going to love it!

Your were ahead of your time, Reba! It's great you are going to lift again! http://www.plaudersmilies.de/spin2.gif

B http://www.plaudersmilies.de/natur/petals.gif bbi

I started with 35 pounds throughout, barely making it with biceps and shoulders. Now I use 40 for legs, chest and back and then 35 for the rest. I use 20 and 16 pound dumbells for chest, 25/20 and 8 for back, 10 and 8 for shoulders, 12 for biceps, 10 for triceps. I just did this yesterday so it's fresh on my mind!

I started with 35 pounds throughout, barely making it with biceps and shoulders. Now I use 40 for legs, chest and back and then 35 for the rest. I use 20 and 16 pound dumbells for chest, 25/20 and 8 for back, 10 and 8 for shoulders, 12 for biceps, 10 for triceps. I just did this yesterday so it's fresh on my mind!

bb=barbell
db= dumbbell
For MIS and Body Max upper body,in pounds

35 bb for legs
30 db for legs (2 15's)

35 bb for chest press
30 or 20 db for chest flyes (2 15's or 2 10's)

35 bb for back rows
20 or 15 db for one arm back rows (1 20 or 1 15 in 1 hand)
20 for reverse flyes (2 10's)

30 db for shoulder overhead press (don't do these with bb)
35 or 40 bb for shoulder wide grip upright rows
10 db for side laterals --always one arm at a time

30 bb for bicep (I can barely make it with those craxy 8's)
30 db for bicep (2 15's)

35 bb for tricep french press
35 bb for tricep close grip press (tough)
8 db for kickbacks (1 8 in 1 hand)

P.S.

P.S. If I don't consume enough protein, these poundages drop! These numbers are with consistent amounts of protein only! I swear by protein shakes!

RE: P.S. -- protein

The short answer--about 100 grams. The long answer...

You've probably heard the recommended 1 gm of protein for every pound of bodyweight. I must first mention that A.) I don't know my exact weight, but am fairly certain it is about 115. (I am 5'2" and and a size 6.) and B.) I refuse to precisely count anything-calories, fat, carbs, or protein. If it is listed on the product, great, but I am not measuring.

I start my day off with two scoops of protein powder for 38 grams of protein. Then I make a real effort to eat protein 3 more times during the day. I estimate those servings to have about 20 grams of protein each. 3 x 20 = 60 + 38 = 90 grams.

However, I think the actual number is a bit higher. I am a meat eater and think that a serving of meat has more like 25-30 grams. Plus there is some protein in the carbs I eat (I never do the low carb thing) and those are not being counted here.

If I had my protein more in the form of dairy products during the day, I'll typically throw in another scoop of protein powder before bed.

However, let the record show that I am not a perfect dieter. My weakness is animal crackers.

Jeanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.