how to master bodymax 2? also, ? re: premixes..

sunsdaughter

Cathlete
hi cathe and friends,
i just got bodymax 2 and did it today for the 1st time. what an awesome workout!!! i'm an intermediate to intermed/adv exerciser, and this workout truly pushed my limits. i can't wait to be able to do this w/o frequent breaks and with the seemingly effortless ease as cathe and gang. to those of you who have mastered this workout, how did you do it? how many days/week did you do this workout? what weights did you use? i'd love to hear others' thoughts about bodymax 2.
also, can someone break down the premixes for bodymax 2 for me? what are in each one?
thanks!!!

Hi and welcome to the forum! Obviously not Cathe here but I agree; Body Max 2 is a really awesome workout!! Between the moves and the music, it is def one of my top faves. That being said, it is also really REALLY intense and truly an advanced workout. I had to stop frequently on my first few tries. I did the workout maybe once a week and took frequent breaks so I could power through the entire thing. I started with no risers for the cardio and until I was able to complete the entire workout without stopping did I add 1 riser. It took me about a month or so to get to that level. I've been doing the workout now for about a year and am currently using 2 risers, but I have to stop halfway through the step portion and take a quick breather! My goal is to be able to do the entire workout on 2 risers like Cathe and the gang without stopping.

I'm doing STS now so I don't remember what weights I used for this workout. Also, the only premix I've used on this DVD was the cardio one. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

hi cathe and friends,
i just got bodymax 2 and did it today for the 1st time. what an awesome workout!!! i'm an intermediate to intermed/adv exerciser, and this workout truly pushed my limits. i can't wait to be able to do this w/o frequent breaks and with the seemingly effortless ease as cathe and gang. to those of you who have mastered this workout, how did you do it? how many days/week did you do this workout? what weights did you use? i'd love to hear others' thoughts about bodymax 2.
also, can someone break down the premixes for bodymax 2 for me? what are in each one?
thanks!!!

This one is one of my favorites as well. I use the 10 # and 5 # dumbells, like Cathe. I use 3 # for the last bit of shoulder work if my shoulders are fried at that point. For the barbell, I do 30 #s. In order to master this one, you just have to keep pushing through it. I used to do the full workout once a week, but now that I am working, I don't have 90 minutes to carve out for it. I use the premixes Cardio and Weights (it is the cardio segments without the blasts at the end and the upper body and abs), and Cardio only. Both premixes burn over 600 calories, cannot go wrong with that!

Kristin

Body max 2 had by far been one of favorites. I did it probably only once a week and I just mastered it a couple of weeks ago, but I had only done it a couple times before so I think what really helped is coming right out of my volleyball season that got me in shape so I was able to do it. I don't remember what weights I use I think for the barbel it ranges from 30 to 45 and then wights I normally use 15 12 10 8 5 and 6. it depends on what exercise I am doing (I have weak shoulders) well just keep pushing through it you will get there soon:D Good Luck!!!!!!!

Naynay

I love body max 2 too :)
When I first did it, I nearly collapsed, but now I LOVE it and do the full 90 minutes without stopping. It was not that I particularly practised it, but just in general my fitness improved over time. i think just persevering: not taking a break when you think you MIGHT beable to carry on, just things like that :)

In terms of weights, I use a 45 pound barbell (ish, mine are in kgs, so I have to convert)
For Back: 15 and 5
Chest: 12
Shoulders: can't remember.. but I know it's the same as CAthe!
Biceps: 15
Triceps: 8

You will master it soon :) I know you will. Just keep going!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.