How Many BPM is Cardio Hits DVD?

LadyCatherineA

Hello! I love the Cardio Hits DVD (I have the 1999 version) and wanted to know how many BPM the music is? I'm rather surprised that it doesn't say anywhere on the box or on the DVD itself because the BPM is one of the most key things in determining the level/intensity of a step workout. Any pointers on how to learn of the BPM would be appreciated. Thank you! Catherine

BPM's and intensity

Hi Catherine! The BPM's are not listed on my DVD's because my BPM's sometimes vary within my workouts. It is not always one constant set tempo throughout my workouts. The way to know if my workout is intense or not is to look at how I list it. If I say its beginner to intermediate then it equates as moderate in intensity. If I list it as advanced then it equates as an intense workout.

I respectfully disagree that a workout's intensity (or step workout's intensity, as you mention) is measured by the speed of its BPM's. The intensity is measured by the type of exercise. Plyometrics incorporated on the step are performed at slower BPM's (IE: 125 to 130 BPM's) yet they are super advanced exercises thus making the overall workout much more intense. While low impact choreogaphy can easily be performed at 135 to 138 BPM's and not not even come close to the intensity of the plyometric based step workout.

The same is true even if we compare step workouts using the exact same BPM's. High Intensity stepping performed at 135 BPM's is way more intense than Lower Intensity stepping at 135BPM's.

Thanks for listening and I hope you find this info helpful :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.