how to focus on rear delts in PH?

ellenellen

Cathlete
I love this video and it's the only strength workout I'm doing right now. I'm seeing great results!

But I'm having trouble on the rear delt exercise. I can't seem to figure out how to work the delt instead of the tricep. Every time I do them my triceps get involved! Is there a trick to isolating the delt in that move? I've checked my form against yours (in mirror and husband) and my form is good.

Thanks so much for your help and a wonderful video!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-31-01 AT 03:52AM (Est)[/font][p]I'd like a clarification too. I get a super triceps workout, but don't feel it much in my rear delts...

Hi Ellenellen! To some degree you will also feel this in the triceps because they are a related muscle group when performing this exercise. If however, you are distracted by your triceps feeling most of the work, then try doing the exercise in this position instead. In the same flat table top position, with the weights in the same position, take your arms out to the side, so that your body looks more like a capital "T". Your arms will remain straight but soft at the joint. Do the same counts as the other exercise. Now if this position is too stressful, then from the flat back, capital T position, let the arms bend down to a 90 degree angle (like a hang man pose) and do the exercise with your elbows pulling upward toward the ceiling. Good Luck!

thanks!

Thanks Cathe! I do PH again on Tuesday and I'm going to give your suggestions a try. Love that workout so much!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.