how do you workout in pants???

angela123

Cathlete
I was just curious as to the temp. in the room you are working out in when you wear pants? I get extremely hot when working out. I have to wear shorts & a sports bra, even if it's winter.

Oh gosh! Now that someone ELSE has mentioned this--yes Cathe, how in the world DO you work out in PANTS??? Especially working your legs--I've given up on leg workouts simply because I forgot to put on shorts! (I mean, instead of pants)

And YOUR legs in particular are so motivational and inspirational--why cover them up??? :(

But you still look cute, of course!

Gisela

"She's living in sin with a cowboy, and hell--he can hardly even walk!" --J.R. Ewing, "Dallas"

Not Cathe here, but I actually prefer pants. You need to get the kind that wick away the moisture. Feeling sweaty pants against your skin is kinda nasty. I don't seem to get any hotter in pants. I don't like wearing shorts bc in some moves they creep up my legs so I have to pull them down, and when I do get really hot and sweaty my legs sweat, too and it feels yucky to me. Better to have it soaked into the pants and pulled away from me. Also, I don't like the feel of bare legs on the stability ball or the mat or floor, but thats personal preference. I suppose you could try Heat Gear workout clothes- supposed to be made of some high tech fabric to help keep you cooler, never tried it myself. I do normally just wear a sports bra on top, though. Maybe a tank top if I'm lifting and not getting quite so steamy. All in all, I don't suppose it really matters, as long as you're comfy and have enough range of motion. Whatever floats your boat. (I also think my butt looks better in pants :) )

Nsn

I can do either or, but normally in the summer I will wear only shorts and in the winter I do perfer the pants. But the pants I wear are not heavy material so it isn't the much more and doesn't cause me to get too hot. I wear Nike Dry fit and LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!! I actually have to wear pants for certain workouts wear I know I have to hold the medicine ball in between my legs, because with shorts my legs get to sweaty and the ball will slip out and land right on my ad area... ouch!

There are workout pants out there that are of heavy material that I couldnt' workout in even during the winter, but Nike Dry Fit is just great! They look great, they feel great and well gosh darn it they are just wonderful.

You know, I'm behind on the technology, lol! I didn't even think of trying the "wick-away-moisture" type. I'm kinda cheap--hate spending money on stuff.

Gisela

"She's living in sin with a cowboy, and hell--he can hardly even walk!" --J.R. Ewing, "Dallas"

I also prefer pants over shorts because of the legs riding up. pants stay in place and soak up the sweat. I normally wear shorts if I'm just doing weightlifting only without cardio.

Good question...esp. if you're not familiar with the new wicking materials...like me:) I wear shorts. But in winter, if I'm feeling chilly, I may don pedal pushers.

I haven't tried the wicking materials either. I've often wondered the same thing. Pants make me so hot that I feel ill. I always wear shorts. But I agree whatever works for a person.
LD

I usually wear shorts at home (unless I'm doing some kind of pilates or core workout--nothing worse than sticking to a sweaty yoga mat!) but I ALWAYS wear pants to the gym (cropped in the summer). I'm 39 & while my muscles are in better condition than most 25 YOs, my skin sure isn't. x(

>You know, I'm behind on the technology, lol! I didn't even
>think of trying the "wick-away-moisture" type. I'm kinda
>cheap--hate spending money on stuff.
>
>Gisela
>

I'm also pretty cheap, but Target has some Champion brand pants that are called "Duo Dry" and they feel just as cool (and more comfortable, since they don't ride up) than the cotton bike shorts I was wearing before. And they're not too pricey; around $22 for the capris. They do go on sale sometimes too.

Here's an example. I have these in black:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...0/602-6157949-7414205?ie=UTF8&asin=B000K9XZTO

My local store has more pants styles than they have at target.com.

Hope that helps!

I buy the Target ones, too. Love them. And I also like the Champion C9 sports bras they have. The bras get sweaty, I don't. You can also normally find the "old" colors - the ones that are "out of season" on the clearance rack for $11.98 instead of $16.99.

Nan

I always wear pants.

It actually doesn't bother me to wear them, and I don't feel overheated.
Plus, I do quite a bit of glute work on my hands and knees, so if I don't wear pants, I get rug burn!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.