High Step

ruthie33

Cathlete
Hi Cathe & Cathe fans:

Now that I am increasing my Cathe DVD collection, I would like to know for the workouts that include the use of the high step, is it possible to get the same workout by increasing the number of risers on my regular sized step? I've checked a couple of places here in Canada and no one seemed to know what a high step is therefore I don't believe I can buy one here. I currently have 2 risers per side for my step, if I bought 2 more sets of risers (so 4 risers per side) would that be the equivalent of the high step? I'd rather spend my money purchasing new workouts than on purchasing equipment that I may not really need. I'm looking at it more for the workouts that include weights (I'm not at the high step level for a full step aerobics workout yet!!:eek:) I've just ordered 7 new DVD's and I'm sure some of them include high step work and I want to be prepared.

Thanks for your help!!!

I use mine mostly in weight workouts not so much in cardio (yet) so yeah you can get away with using more risers. You can buy a high step from Cathe, Wal Mart or Target online. I've never seen one for sale in a store and I live in CA.

Thanks Ladies. Heather, i have one of those stools in my office!!! I think I'll just try it with the risers as see how I do from there. I am certainly not ready to do any of the high step workouts yet - working up to it. I can do step fine with one riser per side and can do basic with 2 risers per side but that is it. I find it's hard on the knees with the 2 risers but I'm sure they will strengthen as every other body part starts to!!!

The risers for the high step do fit the risers for the regular step though right? I've been debating on the high step b/c I know that sometimes my little makeshift step isn't exactly the right height (though I am short so that's enabled me to make due).

Heather

no balance issue

Thanks Nicole, I'm assuming it worked ok for you?? There wasn't a "balance" issue?

Hi Ruthie -

As long the step is even, there is no balance problem. It's like using a bench and if you are facing it tall instead of wide, it's just a longer high step. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.