Hi Cathe - need your input on trap pain...

exer_cited

Cathlete
I started STS last night and felt alot of strain in my traps when I was working my shoulders. Does that mean I'm lifting too heavy or does it mean my form is off. Or maybe both?!? :confused:

TIA!!

Hi Melissa! It is really hard to answer that without watching you do the exercise. But yes, it could be either or both. Many of the shoulder exercises do pull the traps into play a bit too, especially the band work. It could be a matter of just building up the endurance in the muscle to support these moves (and in this case the trap strain would eventually go away). For now, stretch and massage the tender area,,and be fully warmed up before doing any other workouts. Good Luck and keep me posted :)

(ie: band workd
I started STS last night and felt alot of strain in my traps when I was working my shoulders. Does that mean I'm lifting too heavy or does it mean my form is off. Or maybe both?!? :confused:

TIA!!

It is really hard to answer that without watching you do the exercise.

Thanks Cathe!!

So what your saying is that I should come to NJ and have you check my form? If you say so....;):p

Seriously though, I appreciate your response. I'll keep you posted. And I'll pay better attention on W2 and make sure my form is spot on and my weights aren't too heavy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.