Help for short bulky legs and long torso

I'm 5'4", 130lbs, and would like to get back down to 120. I'd like to lose fat in my thighs w/o bulking them up. Is there a way to do this? I've read conflicting advice. Some people say step aerobics bulk up your legs; others say that heavy weights do. Still others say that low weights and high reps are key. Advice?

Thanks in advance,
Amy

Hi,
How about lots of cardio and low weight high rep workouts? I am 5'4" and I find this works better for me than heavy weights. I guess when you say you dont want bulky thighs you mean muscular thighs? You know from someone who isnt big boned, I can tell you that I was scared of building muscles too until I realized after really working hard for 2 years...it isnt as easy as you think.
My legs have become quite toned now and somehow even the fat around the knees are gone, I have size 18 thighs and they look good in shorts. Much better than when they were skinny fat. Much better than plain fat thighs. I dont want really muscular thighs but I dont think I could even if I tried anyway. Plus toned legs take much less space that flabby ones...so dont worry to much and just start and your results will guide you.

Well, this just goes to show what works for one person may not work for another. I'm 5'1" and my thighs are 18 1/2 in. They are toned and muscular without being bulky. Like Chubbygirl, I like the way my thighs look too. However, I tried the low weight high reps with lots of cardio and just got thinner shapelessness. I had to add weight to get my thighs toned and looking the way I want. One more thing, cycling builds beautiful thighs! Anyway, I'm a heavy weights low reps kinda' gal. Everybody is different!! Experiment and find the method for you!

Aimee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.