Help me build my collection!

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Cathe,

I posted this on the DVD question thread but thought I'd post it here - I'll take all the help I can get. :)

Okay, here's what I have:

4DS
Rhythmic Step/Imax/MIC
Imax 2
Low Max
BC/Cardio & Weights
Drill Max
LIC
Body Max 2
Imax 3

This is what I'm thinking about buying:

Power Hour/MIS/Body Max
Step Blast/Step Jump Pump
Butts & Guts
Core Max
Kick Max
Supersets/Push Pull
KPC/Legs & Glutes

I will probably ask family for a few others - most likely the Gym Style/S&H/Pyramid workouts. Do you have a fave amongst these?

SO... my ultimate goal is to be able to start doing Cathe's rotations relatively regularly without having to substitute a lot. I've looked through her last year and it seems like she really uses ALL of them. But, I obviously can't buy them ALL right now. (As much as I would like to...). So, can you please recommend what I should get in addition to the ones mentioned above that will help me be able to do her rotations?

Also, I'm curious about the "premixed" workouts like Hardcore Extreme, Cardio Fusion, and the Terminator. Do you get a lot of use out of these? I love circuit workouts and things with a lot of change so I think I would like them but just don't know if I should work on getting all the "real" workouts first. :)

OK, any help would be greatly appreciated! Oh, I'm moving to France next month so that's why I'm stocking up. I won't be able to get any more until summer!

angie

I vote for Butts and Gutts and KPC/Legs and Glutes...they are my favorite lower body workouts!!! And the Ab workout in Butts and Gutts is amazing!!
Good Luck!

Of the workouts you have listed, I'd get:

- Power Hour - a sentimental favorite because it was my first Cathe workout, and it's really fun! I love the music, too.

- Butts and Guts - OMG! :D

- Core Max - there's a lot of variety here -- it's just a great workout!

- Supersets/Push Pull - I agree with another poster who called this one a sleeper. I absolutely love it! And if you're like me and prefer to keep your workouts under an hour, then this is a must have. There are scads of premixes, too. LOVE it!!

I'd definitely consider workouts like Muscle Max and Muscle Endurance, too. I love them both. I also love Slow and Heavy. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the weight workouts. I'm a cardio weenie so I'll leave those recommendations to the other, cardio crazed maniacs -- LOL!!

Thanks everyone for the input! There seems to be a common thread of B&G! Guess I'll have to give that one a try! I can't wait to get settled and just get into a routine. :)

angie

Cardio Fusion is the best, I mean along with KPC and the absolute killer Imax3. I live for the day when I'll be able to do them without resting in between, also the pikes on the stability ball in the abs section of KPC is an unconquered peak for me :confused:. But I'm trying!:mad:

Of the workouts you have listed, I'd get:

- Power Hour - a sentimental favorite because it was my first Cathe workout, and it's really fun! I love the music, too.

- Butts and Guts - OMG! :D

- Core Max - there's a lot of variety here -- it's just a great workout!

- Supersets/Push Pull - I agree with another poster who called this one a sleeper. I absolutely love it! And if you're like me and prefer to keep your workouts under an hour, then this is a must have. There are scads of premixes, too. LOVE it!!

I'd definitely consider workouts like Muscle Max and Muscle Endurance, too. I love them both. I also love Slow and Heavy. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the weight workouts. I'm a cardio weenie so I'll leave those recommendations to the other, cardio crazed maniacs -- LOL!!

I completely agree with Miss Lee about Supersets/Push Pull. Fantastic! And I use Core Max all the time. You can't go wrong with either of these! :)

Power Hour/MIS/Body Max
Step Blast/Step Jump Pump
Butts & Guts
Core Max
Kick Max
Supersets/Push Pull
KPC/Legs & Glutes

hmmm. while I don't personally own all of these - my dear mother does and I've done them all at some point. (Thanks Mom!! - She lurkes around here too!) I own Butts and Guts and all of Body Blast series and Power Hour but my fav - which I DON'T have (hint to Mom for Christmas LOL!!) is Kick Max. I particularly love the leg conditioning drills towards the end and have honestly had best results with that one.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.