Help with joints and lower back problems

melly76

Cathlete
Hi,
i was just wondering if anyone could recommend anything ,supplements etc to support my joints more on the more intense workouts.Thanks for your help,mel

Joint Pain Relief

My go to remedy is soaking in the tub with Epsom Salts and taking two Advil before I go to bed. It seems to help. I also do about 10 minutes of stretching the next morning. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water. Hope this helps!

thanks melagras,i'll give them ago.I use arnica bath oil but wondered if a back support or any supplements would protect my joints.Helene very kindly recommened some dvds that are low impact ,just wondered if there any i should stay clear off.I have the HIIT workouts and wondered which others would compliment this to get an total body workout.I still would prefer low impact but high intensity if possible.thanks for your advice,mel

Usually low back problems stem from a week core. Try doing core max DVD and other core exercises like pilates that strengthen not only the abdominal muscles but also the hips and buns which also support the low back. If you are stretching, aim for stretches for the hips and periformis muscle (if you are not sure what this is, pm me and I'll tell u) because tight hips translate to a tight painful lower back too.
Beyond that try upping your healthy fat intake to help lubricate the joints better. Try adding flax oil to your salads or protein shakes and try increasing your omega 3s from fatty fish such as salmon and sardines and walnuts. Omega 3s have been scientifically proven to ease joint inflammation, even in people with arthritis. One other thing you can try that some of my clients have found relief with is adding apple cider vinegar to your water and drinking it! If you don't like the taste, add some stevia or coconut nectar but apple cider vinegar does wonders in the body especially for joint inflammation. :)

Stretching is a must. I also take Glucosamine & Chondroitin. It helps me a lot with my joint discomfort.

I also get a massage once a month :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.