HELP TO GET STARTED

ciarabrooke

Hi Cathe,

I've watched some of your workout videos and visited your website in the past. I am now ready to join in and work hard. :eek: However, I only own two of your DVD. I have Max Intensity Strength and Ab Hits. I want to start following your rotations. Are there any videos you can suggest that will get me started?

Thanks
ciarabrooke

Hi,
I am also a beginner and found that Cathe answers this question in the rotation Forums..she posted a beginner rotation and recommends some videos.

new too!

I've been doing this site for about a month now and just received my first 4 Cathe DVD's this past monday and LOVE them so far! I have done a new one each night! I recorded a few of the Pyramid Upper Body and Pyramid Lower Body workouts off the FitTV so if you have access to that on Cable, i'd check out the FitTV schedule at www.fittv.com, search for Cathe and see when she may have some upcoming airings. I used those the first few weeks.

Then I found the forums and did research on which DVD's would be right for me. I HATE step routines, so I shy away from them at all cost. I have a new found fondness for the heavy lifting and strength training that Cathe offers.

I would highly recomment just spending a few nights on the Shop Cathe site above and viewing some of the many clips and read the explainations of what is included and the equipment you will need. This month alone I have spent more than in my entire workout history just getting what I think are the bare necessities for working out and becoming fit! :D But if I stick with it it's going to be well worth the investment in myself.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of Cathe's workouts. I tried to mix it up and get a little lower body, little upper body, complete body and cardio and then just follow those groups no matter what rotation is actually posted. I see that a lot of the people who have been apart of this site for long periods of time have the majority of Cathe's (and other) DVD's. I have also pre-ordered the STS series. So I'm done with ordering any new DVD's until that comes...

So, with that all said, the DVD's I purchased are:

Butts & Guts
Hardcore Series: Gym Style Legs DVD
Hardcore Series: Gym Style: Back, Shoulders & Bice
Hardcore Series: Muscle Max
High Step Circuit
Intensity Series: Boot Camp
Intensity Series:Muscle Endurance
Intensity Series: Pyramid Upper Body (from FitTV)
Intensity Series: Pyramid Lower Body (from FitTV)

I do know that 4 Day Split, IMAX series and the Intensity series are always a popular selections... it's all about what works for you...

good luck and check in often :cool:

dani

Last edited:
You mentioned you don't like step, do you like kickbox??? It is a great form of alternate cardio, and Cathe has a fantastic video, Kick, Punch, and Crunch (KPC) that I'd highly recommend!!

I've been working out fairly exclusively with Cathe DVD's (and sometimes in person), and through her I have found out how to workout intensely, as well as smartly, and couldn't be happier with the results!!!

Good luck!

I DO like Kickboxing and have ordered the Body Blast - Kick, punch, crunch already and it should be here tomorrow! I forgot about that one! :) I will have to make sure I incorporate it on my Workout Manager calendar!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.