Help with cardio

wkgmom914

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

I need some advice. Just received your STS series and am awaiting the low impact series. In the meantime I am just returning to exercise after many 'stops and starts" and am anxious to get going. To give you a bit of history without boring you....3 years ago I was in tip top shape at 47 yrs old, 5/2", 120 pounds and 16% body fat.

I returned to school at that time to get my Physical Therapy Assistant degree and with the amount of studying I had to do (I wanted a 4.0), and single handedly raising a family (I am a widow) the fitness went out the window. Now I am nearing 50 and closing in on peri-menopause (I haven't begun yet), with a few more creaks and squeaks, and a chronic low back (that get's better when I am stronger) and I'm in a quandry as to where to begin with cardio. I feel the STS is customizable because it's based on 1RM so it will grow with me, but with cardio I am lost. Can you make some DVD suggestions that would be a little less "impact" but still get my heart rate going?

I believe after the first month I will be in better shape and would be handle a little more impact and I can take it from there, but up till then.....

Thank you in advance....

Elizabeth

Low Max step dvd is really good. It really gets your heart rate up without jumping. Low Impact Step is good too.

Kick, Punch and Crunch is my all time favorite. The first time I did it I couldn't finish it. I was huffing and puffing but eventually I got better and can do the whole workout.

It will get better once you get into a schedule. I've noticed a vast improvement since I finished STS. I was able to do some of the jumping in IMAX 2 that I could never do before.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.